chris chambers

Chris Chambers

Today was maybe 80 degrees in Castle Rock.
I wanted to go swimming so I made my way to my big brother John's room. Our parents were at work or always out, I hardly saw them. So John, who everyone but me called Ace, took care of me. Despite him being the "the Cobras" and being a complete ass to almost everyone, and causing a lot of trouble, believe it or not, he was the best older brother ever.
"John?" I knocked on his door.
"Yeah?"
"Can I come in?" I asked timidly, once I came in without knocking and saw John making out with a girl. After she left, he screamed at me for an hour straight "about his privacy". He of course stringed a lot of curse words in the lecture.
"Sure, kid."
I opened the door and saw John sitting on his bed drinking a beer.
I looked around and saw a few girly pin ups (and I don't mean kittens and rainbows, there were girls who needed some more clothes on)
"Can you take me swimming, John?"
"How many times have I told you, everyone calls me Ace, and that means you can too, (Y/N)?"
"Okay, Ace... Can you take me swimming?"
He sighed and stood up. "I guess, go get your swimmin' suit and whatever else you need."
I grinned ear to ear and raced excitedly to my room, changing and coming back out.
"Ready?" Ace was now chewing on a toothpick.
"Yeah," I said.
We walked outside, it immediately being unbearably hot.
Ace got in his car and I got in the passenger side.
"Are you gonna swim, John?" I asked.
"No," he stated simply, driving off the road.
"Why not? Don't you like swimming? Don't you think it's hot outside-"
"(Y/N). Stop asking so many questions."
I sighed, looking down. Ace patted my head.
"I wish I could wear those two piece swimming suits like the girls on your posters."
"(Y/N)!" Ace snapped, annoyed. "You're twelve years old!" (same age as the boys in the movie)
"I know.."
"You need to wait about seven more years, kid."
We got to the pool and Ace sat in one of the chairs. "Go on." He motioned to the pool once I was standing beside him. "I'll watch."
I got nervous suddenly once I saw him.
Beautiful blonde hair... A built figure, which was weird, because he was twelve just like me. Christopher... Chris Chambers! He was Eyeball Chambers little brother, who was in Ace's gang. Chris was always getting yelled at by teachers and their dad was an abusive drinker.
"Seriously, scram, (Y/N). Go swim." Ace pushed me.
"Okay, whatever." I rolled my eyes, when inside my heart was fluttering. Chris was so... So.... Good looking.
I jumped into the water, watching Chris talk to a slim boy with brown hair... His best friend, Gordie Lachance, and two other boys, one with oversized Buddy Holly type glasses, the sarcastic Teddy Duchamp, and a fairly round boy, Vern Tessio. Billy Tessio's brother! Another one of Ace's friends.
I was swimming when I noticed Ace and Eyeball walk over to them and begin pushing them around.
"John! Knock it off!" I yelled, getting out of the water and racing over to them.
"(Y/N), scram." Eyeball rolled his eyes.
"Shut up, Richard, you're so stupid. So are you, Ace."
Eyeball raised his eyebrows. "Ace, your little sister is a pain in the ass."
"Yeah, she is. C'mon, Eyeball." Ace glared at me and they walked off.
"Wait, you're Ace's little sister?" Chris asked.
"Yeah, he's not really an ass once you've known him for a while. Or are related to him." I sighed.
"You're nothin' like him. What's your name?" Vern asked.
"(Y/N) Merill."
"Vern Tessio."
"Gordie Lachance."
"Teddy Duchamp." They introduced themselves.
And then, him. "Chris Chambers. That guy that was with him... Richard, Eyeball, whatever. He's my older brother."
"I know, is he always like that?" I asked.
"At home? Not at all." He said. I noticed Chris's eyes were a striking, mesmerizing, blue/green. They were beautiful.
"Ace is actually nice at home, too." I laughed.
Chris grinned and Gordie, Vern, and Teddy said to Chris they were going to swim. I then found myself talking to Chris while we sat in the fold out chairs they had lined around the pool.
We learned a lot about eachother, everything, like each others middle names, favorite colors, our birthdays, our favorite foods, favorite animals, favorite candy, favorite everything. Chris wasn't anything of a trouble maker, nothing like the reputation of his family. He was sweet and caring.
Before long, it was dinner time and time for all of us to go home. Ace came over and told me he would be waiting in the car. He left and Chris' friends were waiting for him.
"I had fun talking to you, (Y/N), you're pretty cool. Far from a square."
"A square? Who told you I was one?"
Chris gave me a smirk and said, "I did."
It wasn't a surprise to me that four years later, we would be dating.