C. Thomas Howell for Melissa

C. Thomas Howell imagine for Melissa, @cutiepiecoogan ❤ I hope you like it!

It was a Sunday night, but I didn't have school tomorrow because it was officially summer break. I was glad for school to be out, I was free to stay up late and not stress over exams or homework.
I sat lounging on my bean bag chair, reading "Gone with The Wind". I started thinking about my close guy friend, Tommy. Maybe you've heard of him. C. Thomas Howell? Yeah, he played Ponyboy Curtis in The Outsiders last year. He was my friend ever since we were very little, before he got 'famous' and all. We still talked every once and a while, but I knew he was busy and I figured he'd have better things to do.
It was 12:00 and the only light was my lamp and the moon shining in the window. I sighed, mindlessly trying to read the long pages, with the telephone rang.
I jumped a little, but quickly reached over and picked it off the hook. I also picked the base up and put it on my lap.
"Hello?" I said quietly, hoping to not wake up my parents.
"Melissa? Hey, its Tommy."
I felt my spirits lifting. "Hi, Tommy."
"I know its late, but how are you doing?"
"I'm okay I guess, how are you?"
"I'm great, working on another movie. Is school out for summer for you?"
"Really, that's cool, and yeah it is."
"I bet you're happy. I know you never liked school." He laughed, and I pictured his cute smile in my mind.
"I am super happy!"
I heard Tommy breathe into the receiver. "I miss you, Melissa."
I automatically started playing with the phone cord. "I miss you too. When will I see you again?"
"I don't know, honey, I hope real soon. On my break I might be able to come see you."
My heart skipped a beat at him calling me "honey".
"I hope so."
We talked for a little longer, he told me about all the people he met, like Patrick Swayze, who he was working on another movie with. Then we said our good byes and hung up.
I put the phone back and just sat back thinking about Tommy for a while. Then I got up and crawled into my bed.
It was a two weeks since I last talked to Tommy. I felt disappointed, but I knew we had sort of drifted apart since he started acting. I tried calling him twice, but he never answered. All I got was an answer machine.
I hung out with my friends and family, I had my own life. But again it was midnight and I was reading when the phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's me." I heard Tommy's voice.
"Tommy? Why haven't you called me?" I started in immediately.
"I'm sorry, Mel, I was really busy."
"Yeah, that's what I thought. But you usually call me every couple days, not waiting two whole weeks."
"I said I was sorry, I really am."
"I tried calling you."
"I know, I wasn't home. C'mon Melissa, let's not argue over the phone. I've got amazing news." He sounded excited.
"What?"
"I'm flying out to see you tomorrow."
"You are?!?" I almost screamed, but remembered my sleeping parents in the other room.
"Yeah, they gave me time off!" He exclaimed.
I laughed, I was so excited. "Oh, Tommy, I can't wait!"
We talked for an hour after that. We then said goodbye and I longed to tell him I loved him, but maybe another time. My heart was about to jump out of my chest when I got into bed, trying to fall asleep and see Tommy tomorrow.
I told my parents, but they both had to go to work so I was alone. I sat in the living room listening to a Cyndi Lauper (if you don't like her music I'm sorry just read/change it to who you do like :P) record play on our record player. I got ready earlier by taking a shower, doing my hair and makeup, and dressing in my best outfit. I just waited for that knock on the door.
It happened 30 minutes later. I stood up, took a deep breath. It had been 3 years since I last saw him, the boy I knew I loved. I slowly walked over to the door and opened it. There he stood, dressed in a plaid button up, jeans, and a big smile on his face. I immediately landed myself in his arms, he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.
"Melissa, you look so beautiful, as always."
I blushed and placed my chin on his shoulder. "And you look very handsome."
I leaned back so I could look at his face, my arms around him and his still around me. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.
"My, how you have grown." I said, seeing as he grew about 4 more inches.
He laughed. "Puberty is pretty bitchin', huh?"
"You're so dumb." I slapped his chest lightly and we let each other go.
We hung out and by 8, we decided to walk to a nearby but secluded pond. We sat and watched fish while the sun began to set.
"How long are you staying?" I asked, looking over at him.
"Two more days." He replied.
"Oh," I said, my heart sinking. Why not forever?
"But I gotta tell you something." He reached over and took my hand in his. The moonlight illuminated his features, like his sparkling brown eyes.
"Yeah?"
He looked down for a moment, sighed, then look back up into my eyes.
"I've been keeping this a secret for years. But I can't anymore. You make me feel different, Melissa. Special. Well, what I'm trying to say is, I love you. Its okay if you don't feel the same, I know we've been friends for so long and you probably think of me as a brother but i-"
I leaned in and grabbed hold of the collar on his shirt and pressed my lips to his soft ones.
I pulled away, our faces still centimeters apart. "Ssh, you're rambling. I love you too, in fact, I am in love with you." I whispered.
A small smile grew across Tommy's face as he kissed me again.
"You know, out of all the girl costars I've had to work with so far, none of them are as beautiful or fantastic as you." He said, pulling me closer to him in a hug.
I wrapped my arms around him, the scent of his deep cologne making me want to stay this way forever. Well, that, and I felt like an actress myself with Tommy.
"Will you be my girlfriend, Melissa?"
"Of course." I replied, looking up to plant a kiss on his structured jawline.

A/N: SO I WAS WATCHING EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS AND THERE WAS THIS PART WHERE COREY FELDMAN WAS DRESSED AND DANCING LIKE MICHEAL JACKSON ON A CAR.. AND LETS JUST SAY I KINDA YELLED "WOAH WAIT WAS THAT COREY FELDMAN???"
AND MY MOM WAS LIKE "yeah"
AND I WAS LIKE "WOW AWESOME" AND I HAD A FANGIRL MOMENT AND SHES JUST SITTIN OVER THERE LIKE "stfu" LIKE DAMN AT LEAST ACT LIKE YOU'RE INTERESTED
ALSO MELISSA I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKED THIS IMAGINE! IF YOU DIDN'T FEEL FREE TO TELL ME LIKE FR, I'M OPEN TO CRITICISM