Two-Bit Mathews

Two-Bit Mathews

I sat with my friends at the Nightly Double. Instead of watching the beach movie that was playing, we chatted to each other quietly. Well, they did. I was being respectful and watching the movie with my mouth shut.
They got up for drinks and popcorn and I was alone.
"Hey, baby," a voice said in my ear.
I jumped and turned to see a drunk Greaser. He had an earring dangling from his ear.
"What're you doin' alone?"
"Not waiting for you to talk to me, that's what. Go away." I snapped, annoyed.
He kept making remarks in my ear and I was about to get up and leave when another Greaser in a leather jacket and a Mickey Mouse shirt came.
Oh god, I thought, I'm screwed. Was he gonna start in on me too?
"Curly," the guy said. "Leave her alone, you're drunk."
"Shut up Two-Bit."
"Go play with Tim or something'" he shoved him away and turned to me.
"Sorry about that." He said. He was cute...
"I'm Two-Bit." He said, "well, I'm actually Keith, but I hate that name, so."
I laughed. "I'm (Y/N)."
He shook my hand and motioned to the empty chair beside me. "Mind if I sit?"
"Not at all."
"Did ya come here alone?"
"No, I came with my friends but.." I turned around and saw my friends now by the concession stand, flirting with some Socs. I rolled my eyes. "Well, it looks like they're talking to other people now." I turned back to him. He followed where I was looking and laughed.
"Guess girls will be girls and boys will be boys. I don't know," he shrugged.
"I guess so." I laughed.
"Guess you ain't like them, then? You don't just randomly flirt with some square?" (A/n: square means nerd btw...)
"No, I actually want to really like someone before I flirt with them, or whatever."
He gave me a grin. "I like that, most of the girls I've dated or somethin always went and cheated on me, flirted with other guys while we were datin. You got a boyfriend? Anyone'd be lucky to have ya,"
"I'm sorry, you don't deserve that. And no, I just broke up with my boyfriend.... 5 months ago, well, he broke up with me." I sighed. I felt like a loser.
"He must've been an idiot, if ya don't mind me sayin' so."
"I don't mind. He was." I smiled.
"(Y/N), I'd dig takin you out and showin you how a real man should act towards a woman like you. Whaddya say?" He asked with confidence.
"Sure," I blushed.
"Lets go ahead and get out of here and go to the Dingo or wherever ya want. Looks like my friends ditched me." He looked around. I knew he hung out with Dallas Winston, Johnny Cade, Ponyboy Curtis, Sodapop Curtis, Darry Curtis, and Steve Randle.
I looked back to see my friends gone as well. "Guess mine ditched me too."
He held his hand out and I took it, feeling giddy.
"Who needs 'em, anyway. I'm kinda glad Curly Shepard was botherin' you so I got to meet you, (Y/N), let's go."
I smiled and we walked out of the drive in hand in hand.