Sodapop Curtis for Emily

This imagine is for: beanscobain

  I was over at the Curtis' house for the summer, I'd always come over here during the day.
"Hey, let's go swimming." Steve suggested.
"I dig it, y'all in?" Two Bit asked.
All the boys agreed, but I didn't say anything. I've always been a little self conscious about wearing swimsuits.
"Emily?" Ponyboy asked.
"What?"
"You wanna go swimming?"
"I... Uh.." I thought of a way to get out of it.
"Come on, Emily, what's the matter, you secretly a dog and got fur?" Steve joked.
I rolled my eyes. "No!"
They started teasing me but Sodapop stayed quiet. They finally guilted me into going.
"Okay," I sighed. "I'll go, but let me go home and get ready then I'll meet you all at the swimming pool."
They cheered and I rolled my eyes, stepping out of the Curtis house and beginning to walk to my house.
--
I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a black two piece that I didn't know I owned until today. My mom must've  bought it for me a while back.
I guess I looked okay but I was still nervous. What would they think? What would Soda think? He's been my crush since forever and I'd hate for him to think I look bad.
--
I decided to just do it and once I stepped into the public pool place, I knew I made the right choice.
The gang were splashing each other but Johnny looked up first and I saw his tanned face flush red. He nudged Pony and then Pony nudged Soda.
I walked closer, about to get in when Soda looked up slowly.
His blue green eyes grew wide and he opened his mouth. I felt myself blush as I got in the water and he looked away, shaking his head.
"Wow, Emily! You look hot," Dallas whooped and so did Two Bit and Steve. Pony and Johnny were always shy so I knew they wouldn't say anything.
Darry just laughed and nodded, then they went back to swimming around.
I swam to an empty corner and I turned in the water to see Soda had swam over to me.
"Emily..." He gasped.
"Yes?"
"You look.. Why haven't you worn swimsuits more often? You're so beautiful. I mean, you've always been, but now, wow."
"Thank you, Soda."
"I gotta tell you somethin'." He said, swimming closer.
Was this where he tells me he likes me? My heart was thumping.
"I really dig you."
"I like you too, Soda." I said as calmly as I could.
"Really?" He said, almost like he couldn't believe it.
"Yes, I've liked for for a long time actually."
"Oh," he breathed out. "That's great news. Will you be my girl?"
"I'd love to." We swam closer and kissed.
Best swim ever.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I really hope you liked this !