Heartache

*** Nicole’s POV***

I watched Daniel as he ate the pancakes hoping that he would forgive me for all the trouble I cause when I’m drunk. After he finished his plate I took it to the sink. As I was washing it I heard him ask me “You still love me?”I felt my body frozen in fear. I turned around with my head down and said “isn’t it obvious by now?” I could feel him staring harder as he said “Why did you wait til now to tell me?” he asked another question. “I don’t know”, I said. I could tell he was angry when his tone of voice got louder “Why couldn’t you tell me when we were seventeen? Huh? I was in love with you, but then you decided to let us take a break! I cried my eyes out for you for days! I WANTED YOU BACK! WHY DID YOU END IT NICOLE?! WHY?!” I heard, as he knocked down his chair. I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I tried to hold them in but they fell. “WHY DO YOU SUDDENLY LOVE ME NOW?!” He yelled at me. I turned to him with tears in my eyes and screamed back “I’VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU! I’VE NEVER STOPPED! I BROKE US UP CAUSE I DIDN’T WANT TO STOP YOU FROM REACHING YOUR DREAMS!” I felt my voice calm down as I said “but you obviously moved on without me.” From the sound of his voice he was still angry “What was I suppose to do? Wait for you to say you loved me? We’ll guess what Nicole? I DON’T LOVE YOU ANYMORE! I HAVE NO FEELINGS FOR YOU! THEY’RE GONE!” He screamed not caring if my heart broke or not. The tears ran down faster “GET OUT!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, as I threw a glass plate at him.

He did as I said and picked up his keys and left out the door. I tore open the top cabinet and pulled out two big bottles of vodka and started to chug them down. I need this pain to go away FAST

***Daniel’s POV***

When I finally got home I went straight to the kitchen and got a wine glass and sat at the counter. God, I couldn’t believe Nicole still has feelings for me. I mean, I knew she cared for me, but not like this. I just sat back and stared down into my empty wine glass. I got up and headed to the counter and picked up my bottle of Rosemount diamond label Shiraz. I slowly filled my glass to the top; I wondered “When did she suddenly have feelings for me? Has she had these feelings for a while now and why the hell did she wait til now to tell me?” I took my glass and sat in the living room on my black Modway Loft Sofa. I took a big gulp and leaned my head back staring at the ceiling. “Why? Why now?” I whispered to myself. I could feel my head begin to pound, so I took another big gulp.

I couldn’t help but think about what happened at the wedding, Nicole surprising me at my house, taking her home, and telling her I don’t love her anymore. It hurt that I had to break it to her like that. I finished off my glass and headed back to the kitchen to refill my glass. I looked at the glass and swallowed it all in one drink. I clanked the glass on the counter top. I glared at the bottle and wondered if I would be able to drown the pain just for tonight. I pulled it towards me and stared into the half full bottle. I headed back to the sofa and let myself fall, landing on my back. I took the bottle and began to chug it down. I pulled the bottle from my lips and felt a warm tear run down the side of my cheek. This feeling, I wanted it to go away NOW. I took the bottle and finished it and threw it towards the wall. “I shouldn’t have told Nicole that” I muttered to myself before passing out.

I woke up to hearing my annoying ring tone. I groaned as I stretched for my phone. “Hello” I slurred. “Hello sir, Is this Mr. Daniel Jaramillo?” the stranger asked me. “Yes, this is him” I yawned looking at the clock on the wall that read 1:34 AM. “Why in the world is this person calling me so late?” I thought to myself. “Yes, this is Dr. Gwening at Brackenridge hospital. I’m informing you that we have Nicole Calderon here. She was in a serious car accident. You were the only one on her emergency contact list. Can you please come as soon as possible?” He spoke the most disturbing words to me. I was stunned and was barely able to mumble the words “Yes, I’ll be there.” I snatched the keys off of the counter and ran out the door. All I could do was hope and pray that Nicole was okay. I know the doctor said it was serious, but I was hoping it wasn’t.