Last Day

*** Daniel’s POV***

I took in a really deep breath. I can’t believe I have to tell her this. I didn’t look at her when I said, “Nicole, Selena thinks it would be best if me and you stop talking. That’s why I wanted to spend this last day with you before I get married tomorrow.” I could see that those words hurt her and I would never want to intentionally hurt her. I noticed that when she looked like she was about ready to explode; she calmed down and spoke. “Let me see your phone.” I was kind of a little shocked by her response. “What?”, I asked trying confirm her statement. “I said give me your phone.” I still was kind of confused, but I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone and handed it to her. She took it from my hands and messed with it. “What are you doing?”,  I asked her. I notice she turned on my camera and said, “If this is going to be our last day together I want to at least get it on film. That way whenever you or I miss our friendship, we can look at the fun we had.” I smiled at that idea; I liked it. “Yeah, that’s an amazing idea”, I smiled as she smiled with me. I took my phone from her hands and pressed record as I said “This here is my best friend in the entire world Nicole Calderon”, I announced facing the camera at her. She took the camera from me and turned it to face me.  She said, “And this here is my best friend Daniel Jaramillo”, we both laughed and I made the camera face both of us and said “I’m soon gonna be married and won’t be able to talk to Nicole…” Nicole interrupted as she rolled her eyes, “Yeah, start off our video sad” I laughed and hugged her and said, “I’m really going to miss my best friend.” I could feel my heart start to thump hard from sadness. When I let her go I announced to the camera, “So where shall we start our adventure?” She looked into the camera and said, “How about we go to the food court I haven’t eaten anything yet.” I chuckled at her response and said “Alright let’s go.”

As we headed to the food court I kept recording Nicole. She would make stupid faces at the camera and would constantly be moving her body in awkward ways, earning ourselves weird glances from many people. Once we reached our destination, Nicole’s eyes lit up

“FOOD!” she screamed immediately sprinting to the people standing with free samples. I followed her trying to keep up. Considering that she was very athletic and had long legs I found myself far behind her and out of breath. When Nicole finally stopped I notice her staring at the beef kabobs, practically drooling.

“Miss, would you like to have a free sample?” the young man holding the tray asked, pushing it closer to Nicole.

Nicole smirked cheekily before replying, “Yes.”

The man inched the tray towards Nicole, thinking she would only take one kabob, but of course, she didn’t. Instead of taking only one, Nicole took hold of the entire tray, leaving the worker wide eyed and speechless.

“Thank you, sir!” Nicole giggled, walking away from the worker before he could utter another word from his mouth.

I turned the camera towards my face, being able to record myself, and laughed “Nicole” I paused, “You’re crazy.” I walked over to the table where Nicole was stuffing her face. As I sat next to her I put the camera in her face; she gave a smile with her mouth full.

“Gross, Nicole!” I laughed, pushing away her face full of chewed up food.

Nicole giggled before fully digesting her food and sticking her tongue out at me. “Puh-lease, you love me.” Nicole teased, lightly nudging my shoulder across the table. I leaned the camera on the napkin holder so it would face us.

***Nicole’s POV***

I took another kabob and practically swallowed it whole. Daniel just sat there amazed of how much I could eat. I notice Daniel’s hand shoot for one of my kabobs I quickly slapped his hand causing him to yelp and pulled his hand away.

“Ain’t nobody gonna touch my food”, I stated seriously.  “You’re such a pig”, he chuckled shaking his head. “Am I pretty pig?”, I asked batting my eyelashes. “No”, he stated bluntly. I slouched down in my seat and cocked my eyebrows up “Well then!” I gasped pretending to be offended.

Daniel laughed loudly, snorting a bit at the end.

“Who’s the pig now?” I joked, not bothering to hold back my uncontrollable giggles.

Daniel frowned, crossed his arms and pouted. I rolled my eyes playfully before stuffing the last kabob in my mouth, savoring the delicious sensation in my mouth.

“Good, you’re done feeding on your prey.” Daniel chuckled, “so what do we do now?” He asked, tapping his chin, signaling that he was thinking.

I joined in on thinking and all of the sudden, it’s like a light bulb lit up above my head. “Let’s go shopping!” I squealed in a sing song voice, getting the attention of some nearby tables.

As we got up Daniel grabbed his phone and followed me. I skipped happily over to this random store. I took Daniel’s phone and filmed the inside of the store, when my attention was caught by this cute blue jean, sleeve cut jacket. I ran over to it and screamed at Daniel to come here. I took it down and notice that it was a ‘Men’s Jacket’. I looked at it and gave it to Daniel, “Try it on”, I commanded Daniel.

“Why?” he asked me. “Do it! It will look cute!” I filmed Daniel as he put on the jacket. I gasped, “Aww, it looks so cute!!”, as he pretended to model the jacket. I laughed at the stupid poses he did. “Here, I’ll buy it for you” I insisted, “No Nicole, It’s fine…” I cut him off saying, “I’m BUYING it.” He gave me a smile and handed me the jacket. We went over to the counter and bought the jacket. I was about to film Daniel going up the moving down escalator, when his phone battery died.

“Aww”, I said making a sad face. “What’s wrong?”, Daniel asked me. “Your battery died”, I said handing him his phone. He looked at the screen and said, “Aww. Why don’t’ we use your phone?”, I sighed and said, “I left it home. Well, maybe it’s a sign of me taking you home”, I joked.”I guess so”, he said frowning.

We headed out the mall looking for where we parked. “I found it”, Daniel exclaimed, pointing to my car. “I bet I can beat you to the car”, I said getting a head start. “Hey, that’s not fair!”, he screamed.

*** Daniel’s POV***

I ran as fast as I could and watched Nicole beat me to the car. As I reached the car I panted hard. “Dang you’re already out of breath?”, she teased me. I tried to catch my breath as I said, “Can we just get in the car please?” She laughed at me and unlocked the car door. We got in and headed back to my house.

On our drive to my house we just kind of stayed quiet. It was sad to know that today would be that last day I would get to hang out with Nicole.

As we approached my house she stopped right in front. I looked in the driveway and saw that Selena’s car was here so I knew she was home. I looked at Nicole and smiled and said, “Well I had fun. So, see you tomorrow?” She smiled and said, “See you tomorrow.” I got off the car and headed inside.

As soon as I entered the house Selena was sitting on the couch and turned her attention to me.  She came up to me and said, “I’ve been trying to call you for the past ten minutes! Why didn’t you answer?” She demanded an answer. “My phone died”, I said heading up stairs to the bedroom. I made sure to lock the door behind me so she wouldn’t come and bother me about what we did.

I pulled out my Apple Laptop from under the bed and plugged my phone to it and downloaded our videos to my computer - I watch all of them. I smiled the whole time during the videos. When I was finished I unlocked the door to our bedroom and decided to go to sleep early. Tomorrow was a big day, and I needed my rest.

- AUTHORS NOTE -

Yeah really  short I know I promise i'll try to make it longer c;

- VOTE -

- COMMENT -

- FOLLOW ME -

- SHARE -

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK cx