19. Mothers, OSLs and Hot girls

Start from the beginning

His father did find love again, something much better, maybe because Logan's mom was special. She was unlike no one.

"Oh, I am." He shrugged.

"So... Your mom?" She looked befuddled. He didn't blame her. Most of them didn't know about the woman who gave birth to them. She was the past no one wanted to remember. They were happy now and she had no place in that happiness. She had no place in their world.

"No, Beth is my mom. This is someone who gave birth to me."

She looked like she wanted to ask him something, but then she decided against it as she started the engine.

"That is good. Because I can see how you three are Beth's world." She looked like she meant it too.

"You don't want to know what happened?" He asked when she turned away.

"Something happened, and I just want to tell you what you had told me once. I am your friend and I will be right here if you ever want to talk about it."

"It is not like I have some derelict childhood or something, Alex. Don't look at me like that." He tried to chuckle. She pressed her hand against his and he grabbed it like it was his lifeline.

"I am not looking at you like that because I pity you. It is because I pity her for losing your amazing family." And that was the right thing to say and he liked her all the more for it.

"She left one day, because she felt like we were all an obstacle in her path of becoming someone popular and it would have been alright, had she walked away alone, but she cheated on my dad and walked out with the same man --some director. We were all scared when she left, but Beth came and she healed us." His voice was cold. Like he was reading a news, like he had no part whatsoever in the story and it looked like she had seen it, too, because she leaned closer and grabbed his face in her palms before she pushed her finger against his knotted eyebrows. For a moment, he wished he could hold on to her, but holding on brought pain along with it.

"You all look like Beth, you know. How is that possible?" She asked after a moment as she took her hands away from his cheeks and he felt the cold air stinging his cheeks.

"Because Beth is her sister."

Alex eyes widened, her mouth agape. "God, really?" She asked after a minute. "Wow. I just don't know what to say."

"And we hated her when she first walked in. She reminded us of Barbara --that is her name. But then Beth healed us, she loved us and she fell in love with dad. Dad, dad didn't want to fall for her or marry her, but he just couldn't help it. My mom is amazing like that."

"Yes, she is. I am so happy that you all found each other."

"We are, too."

And I am happy I found you, too. He thought.

Before Alex started the car though, Barbara was standing there, looking at him with the eyes that looked so much like his. She knocked at the windows and Logan gritted his teeth.

Yes, they had almost forgotten her, but that didn't mean they had forgiven her. He hadn't. He couldn't.

He rolled down the windows and stared at her.