The Last Dance (10)

Hey, so there might not be any more of John's POV for a while. You'll just have to figure out what John's feeling as Celia does! 

Comment and Vote? 

Enjoy, 

xo.

***********************************************

Chapter 10 - Found

Celia's POV

I crossed my arms and smirked at his shocked expression.

His arm hung limply by his side with his sword clutched loosely. He looked different, rougher. He was wearing plain clothes and his hair looked all tousled and slept in. He also had the beginnings of a beard growing in that framed his lips and made him look mature. There was no denying that living out in the forest agreed with him. I was relieved that he seemed to be doing okay for himself. This was a good spot he'd picked out. 

He was still looking at me with a dazed expression and blinked a few times as if I might be a trick of the light.

I raised an eyebrow at him and all of a sudden his features became unreadable. I was startled at the change and wondered what had brought it on. Just as fast his lips turned down into a sneer and his eyes narrowed at me.

"What are you doing here?"

I was shocked at the coldness of his words and unconsciously took a step back. Where had that come from? Confused and flustered I opened my mouth to reply but found that no sound came out.

"I--I uhh..." He rolled his eyes at me and I felt my face coloring slightly. I quickly rearranged my face into what I hoped was a teasing smile. "I came to get you of course"

He obviously didn't hear the lilt in my voice, or if he did chose to ignore it. The already annoyed look on his face turned full on hostile and I found myself taking another step back feeling completely baffled.

"Well you wasted your time, I'm not going anywhere, and especially not with you"

I flinched at his tone. He must have seen the hurt written all over my face because his expression softened, but only for the briefest second, before it was replaced by a mask of arrogant indifference.

I was immediately furious with myself for acting so weak in front of him. He didn't have the right to get to me, not after what I'd gone through to find him. I hardened my expression and shot him a withering glare.

"Fine, stay out here alone, let's see how long you last" I snapped at him. If anything got to him out here, it would be the lack of company.

I whirled away before he had the chance to say anything and stalked off into the trees the way I had come.

With each step my anger melted away, but I couldn't put a name to the emotion that replaced it. Guilt? Hurt? Confusion?

Maybe some of each and more, or maybe I was just overwhelmed. I was exhausted from the search and lack of sleep.

It wasn't what I expected. I didn't know what would happen when I found him, whether he'd be glad or even relived to see me, if I'd apologise or brush over the our last night together like it never happened. Either way, I was way off.

I suppose in a small way it was what I wanted. I though once we got over our awkwardness things would go back to the way they had been before. And isn't that what just happened? Only I had stupidly been expecting something different; something more. Only I had no idea what exactly.