The Last Dance (11)

Hey, soo this chapter originally had some problems that people pointed out and I tried to change it but im still not sure if it works. If anyone notices a problem feel free to let me know, and if you have any suggestions on how to fix it that would be greatly appreciated =)

Comment and Vote?

Enjoy, 

xo.

***************************************************

Chapter 11 - Caught

Celia's POV

I leapt up and checked to make sure my sword was ready. As much as I wanted to tear down the trees in my haste to get to him, I knew it would be foolish to run blindly into a bad situation. I couldn't help him if I got myself caught.

I walked silently and kept a look-out for branches and twigs that might give away my location. Peering around a wide trunk I saw John caught up in a net and hanging suspended from a tree.

My heart skipped a beat and I looked around worriedly for the men who'd laid the trap, but no one was there.

Was this some sort of set up?

I doubted it, but I didn't want to take any chances. I crept around from tree to tree, staying away from any exposed area while he flailed around miserably. While skirting the edges of the clearing I noticed him glancing in the direction of our camp. He opened his mouth only to close it again without uttering a sound.

Was he too proud to call me for help? Or did he think I wouldn't come...

Well he was downright stupid if he thought the latter. Of course I would come.

Always.

I realized how foolish I was being taking all this caution when it was clear no one was about to spring out from the bushes. With one more glance I confirmed we were alone and crossed the last bit of space between us. His eyes widened when he saw me and filled with relief, but again the blank face followed close behind.

"John, thank goodness you're okay." I clutched the net tightly and looked down with a shudder, trying to ignore the fact that he probably didn't want me here.

"How could you leave without anything to protect yourself? What would I have done if something had happened!?" I shook the net to emphasize my point, but I was too relieved for it to come out angry.

I hadn't realized until just now how worried I'd been. He pushed his hand out of the net and brushed it against my cheek. It came away wet. I turned my head embarrassed; I hadn't realized I was that upset.

"It's okay, I'm fine really, just a little uncomfortable," He joked.

I looked up to see him smiling ruefully; the first real show of emotion I'd gotten from him besides anger. I punched his shoulder lightly causing the net to rock and eliciting a chuckle from him. A few more tears slipped out and I rubbed them roughly away.

"You're an idiot." I said softly.

"I know... I'm sorry I worried you..." He said gently, his face coloring slightly.

I nodded and took a deep breath to calm myself. In that moment of silence I heard the snap of a branch from far off.

My eyes widened in panic before I pulled my sword out to cut through the net.

"Wait!" He whisper yelled at me.

I looked up at him in confusion.

"You can't cut me out, or you'll give us away"