Chapter 5: Witch Adventure

Start from the beginning

They agreed and we found a clear area to set up camp. Blaise took the horses while Cinder went to collect some wood for a fire. I started to set down blankets and food for us to share. Cinder came back with multiple logs and sticks to help us. I began to start the fire and watched the flames roar to life. It made me feel a lot more at ease than before.

"These woods are weird. Am I the only one who can see their breath right now?" I half joked. 

"Why is it so cold?" Cinder simply said, shivering as he inched closer to the fire. Blaise copied his movements and rubbed his hands together. I sighed, watching my breath float up into the air. I noticed that a couple of snowflakes were falling down.

"You gotta be kidding me!" I cried out. 

I had a hard time falling asleep with the cold. At some point, I just passed out from exhaustion. I woke up to see our fire extinguished and frost covering two empty blankets. Where did they go? 

I got up with my blanket wrapped around me. I searched the area but tried not to stray too far. I started to panic when I found Blaise's broken glasses on the ground. "Cinder! Blaise! Answer me!" I shouted. Shit! Shit! SHIT!

I had no choice but to leave the horses and our supplies to search for them. The only thing I brought with me was my sword. I wondered around aimlessly, calling out their names. There were no footprints to follow or any other belongings of theirs left behind. 

I felt like hours have passed by and I still didn't find them. I leaned back against a tree and decided to take a break. This was getting me nowhere. No footprints, no leads. I felt like I was drinking crazy juice.

"Rion."

I snapped my head up and drew my sword. "Who's there?"

"Rion." the voice called out to me. I couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. Was it just in my head? I can't see anyone. Why is my vision starting to get blurry?

Before I knew what was happening, I blacked out and landed on the frosty grass. I woke up with a pounding head and some bruises. The floor felt like it was made of stone and metal bars were lined from one wall to the opposite. Was this where the princes were taken to?

I explored my cell to see if I can find any opening to escape. My sword was on the table across from the cell. I could barely reach it, so it was basically taunting me. "Damnit!" I cursed. I heard a faint cackle echo throughout the room. Someone was in here.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" I demanded. I was fed up with this nonsense and wanted to leave as soon as possible. An old women stepped out for me to get a better look. Her hair was pure silver and had black eyes. Only a few wrinkles showed on her face, but she seemed to age by the second. 

"What a beautiful complexion you have." she complimented me. "Beautiful eyes too. They would look even more ravishing on me." She reached out to touch my cheek but I stepped back. I felt a lot of power coming from her. It was best not to pick a fight when I'm confined like this.

"What do you mean? Where's Cinder and Blaise?" I began to raise my voice.

She snapped her fingers and a wooden chair appeared for her to sit in. "They were a lot easier to capture than you. The princes' have a weaker mind set, especially the one with the ponytail. You however, I had to come back with a stronger spell brew. And even then I had a hard time keeping you unconscience. Impressive."

Her lips then curled into an evil grin. "Would you like to see them now?" she offered.

I bit my lip, and she took it as a yes. She pulled out a mirror and showed me the two men sitting down in another cell. They looked like they've just woken up. I didn't see any cuts or bruises. In fact, they look perfectly fine. "What do you want with us?"