esther; evalina's tantrum

*Evalina has a big tantrum! I need suggestions please! Love you guys! • Bree ❤️

Darien and Evalina went to the toy store! They went to buy some presents for a few birthday parties they have been invited to. Evalina and Darien have just gotten back from the toy store. Esther is on the couch with the twins. She just finished feeding Noah and she is now feeding Gabriel.

"Hey Evie! Did you have fun with Daddy?" Esther asks and Evalina nods. "Yeah! Daddy bought me an Olaf!" Evalina says happily.

"Aw! Did he? That is so sweet! I know you wanted an Olaf for a while!" Esther says as she kisses Evalina's cheek.

"Daddy! I want my Olaf! Please!" Evalina says. "Dinner is almost done, and after dinner you can have Olaf." Darien says as he closes the oven.

Evalina begins to have a tantrum after Darien doesn't let her have her new toy right away.

"Evalina, Daddy said you have to wait until after dinner to have your Olaf, it's okay. You will get him in a little bit." Esther says softly.

Evalina begins grab her hair and pull it out of frustration.

"I want Olaf now, Mama! NOW NOW NOW! NOW!" Evalina says as she begins to throw the pillows off the couch.

"Hey hey! Evalina Marie! Don't yell at Mama. That wasn't very nice." Darien says to Evalina. Evalina begins to scream loudly, causing both of the babies to cry.

"That's it, time out!" Darien says as he picks up a very angry Evalina. Evalina hits Darien as he sets her down on the step.

"Evalina, I am putting you on timeout, because of your behavior. You do no throw things around the babies, and you do not yell at Mama or I. You do not hit me either. Stay here until the timer goes off. If you get up, the timer resets." Darien says sternly as Evalina cries more.

Darien heads to the kitchen and sets the microwave timer to three minutes. Darien walks to where Esther is sitting. Esther gets both of the boys calmed down.

Gabriel and Noah are in the swings both fast asleep. "Did she hit you, babe?" Darien asks quietly and Esther shakes her head no.

"She thinks you are hiding it from her, that's why. I remember her social worker saying her biological parents did that to her." Esther says as she begins to cry. Darien hugs Esther.

"I know. I shouldn't have made her wait. I just didn't want Olaf to get dirty, you know she just got it." Darien says and Esther nods.

Darien changes Gabriel and Noah's diapers and puts them back in their swings. Both boys happily fall back asleep.

Four minutes later, the timer goes off.
"Evalina, you may come off of time out now." Darien says and Evalina gets up from the step. Evalina is still very upset and is crying.

"Evalina, it's okay, come here." Darien says gingerly as Evalina hugs him.

Darien knows that Evalina has trust issues due to her horrific past. Her biological parents used to buy her toys and tease her with them. Not giving her the toy or putting it high so she couldn't reach it.

Evalina begins to cry harder. "Shhh, it's okay. It's okay, baby. I love you so much. Mama and I love you very very much." Darien says and Evalina nods.

"It's okay, Evie. It's okay, sweety. Look what Mama has." Darien says as she points to Esther, who was holding the Olaf stuffed animal.

Evalina looks at Esther and then looks at Olaf. "I'm not going to take him away from you, sweetheart. Olaf is all yours. Daddy and I didn't want you to get Olaf dirty during dinner." Esther says as she rubs Evalina's face. Evalina nods.

"I'm sworry Mama and Daddy." Evalina says as she sniffles. "It's okay, sweety. I accept your apology. Daddy and I will never hide your toys from you, ever. Daddy and I love to buy you toys." Esther says as she kisses Evalina's forehead.

"I accept your apology as well, Evie. Mama and I will never do anything mean to you. We never will. We love you so much." Darien says softly to Evalina.

"Thank you for giving me Olaf, Daddy and Mama." Evalina says quietly.

"You're welcome, sweetheart. You have been such an amazing big sister to Gabriel and Noah. Mama and I am so proud of you! You have been doing so well in preschool!" Darien says as he hugs Evalina tightly.

"You're welcome! You have been such a big helper! Gabriel and Noah love you so much and they are so happy that you are their big sister! I appreciate all the things you help me with!" Esther says and Evalina smiles.

Evalina gets up and walks over to Gabriel and Noah. She kisses Gabriel and Noah's cheeks softly.

"Good girl, be soft. You are such a sweet big sister!" Esther says and Evalina nods. "Brovers are sleeping in their swings!" Evalina says.

"Are you hungry Evalina? Mama made vegetable lasagna." Darien says and Evalina nods. "Yeah! My tummy is growling." Evalina says.

"Let's eat dinner in here and watch some TV, how does that sound, baby girl?" Esther says and Evalina nods happily.

Darien brings in a plate of vegetable lasagna for Esther, Evalina and himself.

"Thank you, babe." Esther says with a smile. "Thank you, Daddy!" Evalina says with a giggle.

"You're welcome! Mama makes the best lasagna ever!" Darien says as he kisses Esther's cheek. "Thank you, babe. I'm glad you love it." Esther says and Evalina nods.

"It is good! Mama, can Gabriel and Noah have a bite?" Evalina asks and Esther chuckles.

"Not yet, sweetheart. Gabriel and Noah are too little to eat food just yet. In a few months they can start learning how to eat solid foods!" Esther says as she wipes Evalina's face off.

Esther and Darien give the twins a bath, which Evalina proudly helps! After the boys go to bed, Evalina, Esther and Darien spent much needed time together. :)