jake & alex; thanksgiving surprise!

*Looks like baby Scarlett is going to be a big sister! Who's excited for Baby Kirk #2? Scarlett is 8 months old here! So the kids will be close in age. Love you guys! Thank you so much for reading! • Bree 💓

Jake decides to wake up super early to take a pregnancy test. He has just felt odd the past few weeks. He figured he had a stomach bug, or the flu.

He has been super moody and has been yelling at Alex a lot. They never fought this much ever. Jake finds an extra test in the medicine cabinet and takes it. A few minutes goes by and...

The test is positive, Jake is pregnant! Jake is somewhat terrified at the news. Scarlett is not even one years old yet and he is afraid about taking care of two children under the age of two. Jake begins to cry, because his emotions are all over the place due to pregnancy hormones.

Alex wakes up to Jake not being in bed next to him. He hears Jake crying in the bathroom and gets concerned. Alex walks over to the door and knocks.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Alex says as he tries to open the door, but it's locked. "Nothing's wrong Alex, go back to bed." Jake says as he sniffles.

"Jake, you are crying. Let me in baby, please. Let me in." Alex says. Jake finally unlocks the door and Alex walks in. "What's wrong, babe?" Alex says as he rubs Jake's back.

"You are going to be so mad." Jake says as he continues to cry. "Why would I be mad, Jake?" Alex says in a confused tone.

Jake hands Alex the test and hides his face. Alex's face lights up and he hugs Jake.

"Oh my goodness! This is a surprise!" Alex says and Jake cries even more. "If you don't want the baby I can.." Jake says and gets cut off by Alex's index finger.

"Jake! No! Yes, this baby is a big surprise, but I would never ask you to do that. Why would we do that? And why are you so upset, baby?" Alex says softly.

"Because, they will be so close in age, what if we can't do it, what if we can't afford everything they both need." Jake says and continues to ramble.

Alex interrupts Jake's rant by kissing him passionately. After kissing for a few minutes, Alex and Jake look at each other. Alex and Jake out their foreheads together and Alex rubs Jake's red and tear soaked cheeks.

"Are you okay?" Alex asks and Jake nods. "I am really really excited. Are you?" Alex asks and Jake nods with a smile on his face.

"Good. There's that gorgeous smile. I know it's going to be stressful with two little ones under two, but it's going to be so amazing to have another little baby in our family." Alex says as he kisses Jake's cheek.

"I'm sorry for being nasty to you the past few days. I feel really really bad." Jake says shyly.

"Don't worry about it, babe. I'm sorry if I got nasty with you. Do you want to lay back down? It's five am." Alex says and Jake nods.

Alex carries Jake back to bed and kisses his head tenderly. "Do you need anything?" Alex asks and Jake nods no. Alex and Jake begin to cuddle in bed.

"Happy Thanksgiving, Alex." Jake says laying his head on Alex's chest. "Happy Thanksgiving, Jakey. Should we tell anybody the big news at dinner?" Alex asks.

"I don't think we should. We should wait a little bit." Jake says and Alex nods. 

Jake and Alex fall back asleep for a few more hours and got ready for Thanksgiving festivities with their families!