That Green Gentleman (Brendon's POV)

"Brendon, honey, it's time to wake up," my mother said as she sat on the edge of my bed and gently patted my back. "It's a special day today."

It was a special day today, indeed. It was my seventh birthday today! My eyes quickly shot open and looked at my mother.

"Happy Birthday, my special little boy," she said as she hugged me and kissed my forehead.  

"Thanks mommy," I said.  

"Now come out into the kitchen. Your father and I made you a special breakfast!" my mom said. 

"Alright, mommy," I said.

My mom walked out of my room and I got out of bed. I quickly threw on a Batman shirt and a pair of my blue jeans. I ran to the bathroom and brushed through my hair. Once I was finally done, I ran out into the kitchen, only to be swept off my feet by my dad.

"How's my birthday boy?" he asked. 

"Amazing!" I responded as I laughed from him holding me upside down.  

"Well, it's only going to get better!" my dad said he laughed as well.

My parents made me a wonderful breakfast. They made my favorite: M&M pancakes with some nice, crispy bacon on the side. They knew me so well. We ate and talked, and once we were done, I offered to clean up.

"All done!" I exclaimed as I walked into the living room. 

"You're an amazing son," my mom said as she hugged me. 

"You're an amazing mom!" I said. 

"What am I? Chop liver?" my father asked. 

"No!" I shouted. "I love you too!" 

"Good!" my father said. "Now go get your jacket. We're going somewhere." 

"Where?" I asked. 

"It's a birthday secret," my mother said. 

"But I'm the birthday boy," I stated. "And I hate surprises." 

"But you'll love this one, I swear," my mom said.  

"Fine," I said as I dragged my feet back to my room.

Where are they taking me? I really hope they were right. I really did hate surprises. I grabbed my black jacket from the back of the chair in my room and ran back into the living room.

"All ready?" my mom asked. 

"Yupp!" I replied. 

"Good, now lets go!" she said.

I smiled and took her hand. My dad followed us and we all walked out to the vehicle. We got in and drove off. Summerlin wasn't a very big city at all, but there was a lot of fun things to do here. I spent the entire fifteen minute drive- I know, so incredibly long- trying to figure out where they were taking me.

"Brendon, close your eyes," my dad said. 

"Alright," I said as I closed them.

My parents got out and then my dad opened my door and grabbed my hand and helped me out. I tripped a little and let out a little squeak, but my dad laughed and caught me. I could have died, people! Anyway, once we were at the front doors, my mom told me to open my eyes.

"Mom and dad!" I shouted as I hugged them.

They took me to my favorite bowling alley. I loved bowling, probably more than the average kid to be honest. We walked inside and got situated. We ordered a pizza, even though we had just eaten, but hey, why not?

"Brendon, you go first!" my mom said as she pushed me up to get my bowling ball. 

"Alright, alright!" I said as I laughed.

I threw the ball down the alley and got a strike. I just seriously got a strike on my first try! Score!

"Way to go, Brendon!" my dad said as he clapped.

I started to walk back, but I stopped and bowed, which made my parents laugh. I was always the kid that didn't care what people thought of me and I just wanted to have fun. I put myself out there and did a lot of crazy things, but that's who I was.  

After bowling for another good ten minutes, our pizza finally came, so we took a little break as we all ate a few pieces. As I finished my last piece, we heard someone yell my mom's name. We all looked up and my mom freaked out.

"Oh my god! Claire!" she said as she ran towards the woman.  

"How have you been?" Claire asked. 

"Same old, same old," my mom answered. "How has life been treating you?" 

"Good, great actually! I got married and have a child now," Claire replied. 

"Really? I'm so happy for you!" my mother said as she hugged Claire.  

"He's actually here," Claire said. "Dallon?" 

"Yes mommy?" a boy asked as she appeared from behind Claire.  

"This is Grace. She's one of my old friends from high school. She has a son too. His name is Brendon," Claire explained.  

"Hello," Dallon said shyly.  

"He's adorable!" my mom said as she shook his little hand. "How old are you?" 

"Nine," Dallon replied as he turned away. 

"He's a little shy," Claire said as she laughed slightly.  

"Hey, Brendon is actually here right now. He's right over there!" my mom said as she pointed towards my father and I. 

"Want to meet Brendon?" Claire asked.

Dallon only nodded and they all walked over towards us. I finally got a good look at him. He was wearing this really cool green Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt! His hair was brown and kind of going everywhere, his clothes were a little too big for him, even though he was really tall for his age, and he did seem to be extremely shy. They finally reached us and my dad and Claire talked while my mom pulled Dallon towards me.

"Sweetie, this is Dallon, Claire's son," my mom said. 

"Hi," I said as I stuck my hand out. 

"Hi," Dallon said quietly and lightly took my hand.  

"How old are you?" I asked. 

"Nine," he replied. 

"That's cool! I'm seven!" I said happily. 

"That's cool," Dallon said as he finally smiled.  

"What are you here for?" I asked. 

"My mom wanted to do something fun with me today," he answered. "W-Why are you here?" 

"It's my birthday," I said as I smiled. 

"Oh," he said. "Happy birthday." 

"Thank you," I said as I smiled again. "Do you want to take my dad's turn? He is too busy talking, so we might as well take advantage of that." 

"Would he mind?" he asked. 

"Not at all," I said.

Dallon smiled and walked over to grab my bowling ball, since that's the only one he could lift. He rolled it down the alley and got a strike, just as I did.

"That was really good!" I said as I ran up to him, but tripped on the slippery floor.

Dallon started to laugh, as did I. My dad saw me and ran to me. He helped me up as we laughed more. Dallon and I talked more and more. He was a really cool kid and I knew we were going to be the best of friends!