Chapter 29: Payback

Começar do início

I stood there speechless not able to move. Everyone in the room sat there wide-eyed quietly whispering things to each other and snickering about it.

I turned to see Eunji walking further and further away. "Y-Yah! Where do you think you're going!?" I yelled to her. "Well, I was going to call my mom to bring me clothes, but then I remembered I can't, so I was just going to go to the nurse and tell her that my cheek was hurting." She said calmly and left.

I turned back around to see everyone staring at me like I was crazy. "WHAT!?" I yelled and they quickly looked away and began eating again, but the whispering didn't stop. I kept hearing, "Wow, what a bitch." "Oh my god, drama queen much."  "I can't believe she did that to the new girl. That poor thing."  "How could she do that?"

They kept giving me looks and glares. I looked at my table and all the girls there were quietly snickering and giving looks as well. Once they realized that I was looking at them, they looked down and stuffed their faces with food.

My phone started ringing again, and it was my father this time. I gulped down my tears and pressed the answer button, quickly running out of the cafeteria away from everyone.

"Yoboseyo?" My voice cracked.

"COME HOME NOW BEFORE I GROUND YOU!" I whimpered as I pulled the phone away from my ear, then slowly put back to my ear.

"But Father-"

"NO 'BUTS'! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD FROM YOU AGAIN! AND DON'T YOU DARE CALL SEOKJIN! YOU GOING TO TAKE THE BUS! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?" He yelled even louder making me cringe.

"Yes Father." I answered and he hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and let the tears start falling as I made my way to my locker, grabbing my things, then slamming it closed.

"Ugh! This is all her fault!" I cried, stomping all the way to the bus stop down the street.

///"Also, I want you to know that this is your fault and that you're a terrible daughter."///

'Why did she say that? Why am I always the one that doesn't get my way? Ugh. Life is so not fair. Eunji is such a bitch. I hate her and I forever will!'

.
.
.

(Eunji's POV)

   I smiled the whole way to the nurse's office. 'I did it. I finally did it.' I thought, feeling a sense of victory despite the stinging sensation on my cheek, my smelly hair, and stained clothes.

"Hello, What is- Oh wow! What happened to you?" The nurse asked as she got up and walked over to me to get a better look. "Aigoo..." She said as she looked at my cheek, then looked at my hair and clothes. "Um, just a little accident." I told her. "I see that!" She cringed, "And smell it."

"It looks like someone smacked you?" I whimpered when she lightly glazed her thumb over it. "It must've been a pretty hard smack if it left this much of a handprint." She said as she went to a cooler next to her desk and pulled out an ice pack, gently placing it over my cheek.

"Ahh, thank you." I told her and sat down in a chair next to her desk. "Now let's get you a clean uniform." She said and walked into another room walking out soon after with a clean folded up uniform. I quickly hopped up from my seat and thankfully grabbed it from her. "Thank you." I said and she shook her head, "You're welcome."

I went into the bathroom and quickly disposed of my smelly clothes, happily putting on clean ones. Afterwards, I turned on the sink, bent over, and tried my best to rinse my hair out. As difficult as it was, I managed to get most of it out; meaning the smell anyways. After a few more minutes of rinsing my hair out, I turned off the water and grabbed a towel from the cabinet above the sink and towel dried my hair until it was damp.