Apologies and Alone Time

"You want to apologize to me Mr. Fisher?" I asked as I stood from the stool and covered Keegan's suckling face and my exposed breast with his blanket as I made my way toward the front door.

"Yes, I want to extend my apologies to you and my grandson. Any harm that came to you both was highly unintentional. All I tried to do was get the both of you to split up on your own instead of being separated because of Kevin's bloodline." Mr. Fisher tried to explain.

"You almost caused us to break up in one of the most hurtful ways to me. Had you at least told me what was going on I would have helped in keeping us apart." I stood next to Kevin who was glaring at his father.

"We weren't sure how much you knew about his shifter side so we didn't want to risk telling you and making you think it was a racial thing why we didn't want you to be with him." He took a pleading step toward me causing Kevin to growl.

"Technically when you look at it, it is a racial issue, he's a shifter and I'm a regular human." I replied before dipping my hand under the blanket to fix my bra and shirt back.

"True but again I didn't want you to think it was a black and white human thing." He tried again.

"What do you want?" Kevin asked standing slightly in front of me as I finished fixing my shirt and turned upright so I could burp him.

"I want to be forgiven and a part of your lives especially my grandson's." He looked past Kevin to the baby cocooned in his baby blue blanket on my shoulder.

"You need to earn your right to be in my baby's life. I still can't trust you and honestly I don't want to especially not with the way you and the twins behaved under Maxwell’s commands. I'd rather keep my distance." I cradled Keegan once he burped and began to rock him.

"But he needs his grandfather; don't punish him for my mistake." The older man pleaded.

"I wouldn't call this punishing; I'd call it saving my child from the unpredictable harm you could bring him." Kevin spoke up taking a step toward his father as he motioned toward the door.

"I don't want him anywhere near Keegan; I don't even want to leave him at your parents’ house." I ranted as Kevin followed me upstairs to Keegan's room.

"I will not allow that to happen, in the meantime, I want to talk to you about something." Replied Kevin as we entered the room and I set Keegan down in his crib before tucking him in.

"If you ask me one more question about breast feeding...." I trailed off turning to him.

"I do still have questions but that's not what I meant, I want to talk to you about us."

"What about us?" I turned on Keegan's baby monitor before clipping the listening monitor on my hip.

"Let's take a little vacation away from everyone, Just you, me, and Keegan." He smiled pulling me toward him by my waist.

"I don't think so, Keegan is just a few days old he won't remember it and I think he's just too young to travel." I shook my head pulling out of his grip and heading back downstairs.

"Can we at least get away from everyone for a little while evening we just check in to a hotel for two days. All I want is to enjoy my family without any interrupt-" Kevin groaned as the doorbell rang.

This time I answered the door after peaking out the small window in the door covered by a curtain. It wasn't a surprise when I opened the door to see Gabriel and Stella standing on the porch with smiles on their faces. "Can we help you?" I smiled back.

"I came to see my nephew.” Gabriel replied.

"I'm here to see my cousins." Stella replied at the same time.