Some Progress

"Are you both finished?" The male server walked over to us with an empty tray, looking mostly at me.

"Yes, we are," Kevin answered looking over at me to make sure before answering with a slight growl.

He let go of my hand, after a moment, to get his wallet and I felt a sense of loss as he did it. Once the server came back with the bill, he paid in cash two hundred dollars as well as a twenty-dollar tip. We stood up to leave and he reclaimed my hand in his.

"Why'd you tip him so much, or are you just trying to show off with your money?" I ask as we walked from our secluded area to the front door.

"He seemed to like you so by giving him a tip, he can see that your secured with money and will settle for nothing less." He replied opening the door and letting me go before him.

"Or you just showed him you’re a huge dick and I'm possibly a gold digger." I replied with a shrug.

"At this moment, I wish you were a gold digger, then, I'd get to spend more time with you." Kevin quickly kissed my temple.

"You know we're not a couple right?" I asked as he held my hand firmly, putting our clasped hand in his pocket as the cold night air assaulted us.

"Let's pretend we are and enjoy the moment." He had a boyish charm to him that dare I say made my heart melt just a little.

"You're taking me home now." I stated as we made our way to his car.

"I actually want to go back to my place for a drink or something, how about it?" Kevin asked as he opened the passenger door for me.

"You said dinner and that's what we did, Kevin." I warned him standing with one leg in the car.

"It'll be fun I promise, I'll take you straight home, no kisses if you don't enjoy yourself." He reasoned.

There was something about this man that I couldn't say no to. I had to get him away from me before my heart began to let him in. I looked at him as he looked at me with his annoyingly handsome face. It wouldn't hurt to give in to my interests sometimes. As long as I don't give him too much I'll be fine. I rubbed my face in frustration before letting out a sigh and looking him in his eyes.

"I will stay for one hour, after that you take me home, I have things to do tomorrow." I gave in before getting in the car and closing the door.

"Two hours is more than enough time for me." Kevin smirked as he got in and drove us to his house.

"Welcome to my humble home." Kevin opened the door and let me in ahead of him.

I walked in and looked around. The first room on the right was the living room, which had beige brown and white designs. The couch was beige with light patterns in white going over it. The large fluffy carpet in front of it was white, while the love seat across from it was brown. Against the wall was a large flat screen T.V above a brown dresser like stand that housed multiple devices, from cable to video game systems.

"This is nice." I complemented taking a step inside before he pulled me back gently.

"Thank you, but lets keep looking," Kevin wrapped him arm around my waist and led me further down to the kitchen to the right.

"Stainless steel, marble, cherry wood cabinets, you have the luxury here." I commented looking around the kitchen that was homie yet meant for more than one person.

"Come, I'll show you some more." Kevin led showed me some other rooms, before he finally brought me to the master bedroom. "This is my favorite place."

In the master bedroom, there was a black four-poster bed with silky ocean blue sheets and six pillows aligned in size order. The room had blue walls and gray marble furniture. On the headboard of the bed, I noticed there was a mirror embedded in it almost like a picture to a frame. There was one up on his ceiling as well.