Sooner than later

As planned Kevin was up and put of bed by seven and made it to the office by eight twenty when he called to check on me. I stayed in bed for a couple more hours before the doorbell rang.

"You really fixed the place up, baby." My mother awed as she and Kevin's mother entered the house.

"Yup, Kevin wanted to have it professionally done but I wanted a more 'mommy and daddy made it' feel." I smiled as I led them in to the living room that had new couches but the same dresser against the wall with the same pictures decorating them.

"That boy has always tried to find the easy way out of things," Mrs. Fisher shook her head as she looked around the place.

"Margret, let me show you the den it was decorated by my husband's father." My Mother called to Mrs. Fisher as she began to walk toward the door under the stairs that led a few steps down to the office space my parents used to use every now and again.

While they went down, I began my trek upstairs to find my phone to call Kevin. After the bomb I had dropped Last night I don't think he's going to just have a little chat with his father. I'm also sure that Gabriel will more than over react. Once I found my phone I began to dial the all to familiar number of my fiancé.

***

Once I left the house I quickly made my way to the office. Gabe and Stella were there within minutes of my arrival. I decided it would be best not to tell him until I spoke to our father about the fucked up plans he had for me and my family. 

"Kevin, where's the queen, She must not be happy that you made her stay home?" Gabriel asked as he came into my office.

"Actually, she don't so much as complain when I told her to stay home. The baby should be hear in about a month maybe less and I don't need her to have any issues that would cause him to get here earlier than necessary." I replied as I search my computer for all the work I'd have to do today.

"Have you thought of a name for the baby yet, you know Gabriel is a really good name, especially since it the name of an angel?" Gabriel smiled cheekily with hopeful eyes.

With a scoff I shook my head and lightly chuckled at his childish ways. "I'm not naming my first born after you, Gabe, besides, Michael is also the name of a much better angel." 

"Ouch, that's harsh, brother." Gabriel feigned hurt as he rubbed his chest.

"Look, I need to have an immediate talk with dad today before I need to get back to Marina, I'll be leaving in about three hours, anything I don't finished or start, could you just have them dropped off at the house, Mom and Ms. Foster should be there?"

"Sure, is everything alright, you're not trying to quit are you?" It was obvious that He would be heartbroken if I did.

"And let you make all the decisions? I don't think so." I replied sarcastically. " I just need to get some information from dad that only he would really know about."

"By the way that sounds, it must be something bad that he kept secret, what is it?" Gabriel asked taking a seat in the leather chair across from me.

"I don't want to talk about it until I have all the information I-" Gabriel rolled his eyes and growled.

"Cut the shit and tell me, we are brothers and we both run this company, your problems are always going to be mine, so spill."

I stared at my brother with a raised eyebrow for a moment before I decided to just tell him. "Apparently, Maxwell, the lingerie designer is our uncle."

As his eyes widened in shock something suddenly dawned on me. He didn't really know about me being a shifter and neither did Stella. Everyone knew except my brother and sisters. Hell maybe they knew but not Gabriel. We had unintentionally left them in the dark.

"How do you know this?" He asked skeptically.

"Marina and I went to talk to him about a few things and when we began to argue it just came up." I explained elaborately.

"There's something you're still not telling me Kevin. I want to know everything." Gabriel pushed.

"Listen, I'm on a schedule, I don't have time to be explaining everything to you, okay? Just let me do what I need to and we'll talk about it later tonight." I dismissed him before looking at the clock then back at the papers in front of me.

Without another word, Gabriel left my office and headed to his. I knew he'd be upset with me but there was a time and place for everything and right now, I needed to get this work done before I could catch my dad at the house. By eleven thirty I neatly stacked the work I had yet to complete with a post-it note on top before hustling out of my office and eventually the building. I drove in to traffic and sped off toward the house my parents resided in. My phone suddenly went off.

"Yes, baby?" I answered pressing the Bluetooth button attached to my right ear.

"Are you on your way to speak with your father?" She asked slightly tense.

"Yes, I just drove off from the office, why, is everything alright?" Worry began to lace my thoughts as she seemed to take forever to answer.

"Yes I'm fine, I just want you to remember that I want you back exactly the way you left, do not fight with him or else." She warned causing me to smile.

"Or else what, sweetheart?" I dared with a large grin on my face.

"Or else you can kiss our sex life goodbye; there are no rewards for those who refuse to listen." She replied like a stuck up principal.

"What? You can't do that!" I nearly stopped the car in the middle of the road.

"I can do anything I like, especially with my body. You have a physical fight with your father and I close down my bakery." She replied simply.

"I won't make any promises but I'll try my best." I sighed as the house came in to view.

"Good, all I'm asking is that you try." I could practically see the smile on her face.

"Okay, I'm going in now; I'll see you as soon as I'm done here." I turned off the car pushing the keys in my pocket after getting out and locking the doors.

"Okay be good." She warned one last time.

"I'll try, I love you." I smiled as I walked up the driveway.

"I love you too, Kevin." She hung up as I stood before the door and began to knock. 

Within minutes my father answered the door, his face going from curiosity to shock before fore fading to a calm domineer. I walked in past him and headed upstairs to his office.

Taking a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk I waited for him before speaking. "When was that last time you spoke to Maxwell, honestly?" I asked as he entered the room.

"A few days, why?" He replied taking a seat in his chair behind the desk with schooled features.

"Good then I have a bit of surprise news for you," I paused for a moment as a smile crossed my face. "Why am I just finding out now that Maxwell is my uncle?"

"Have you told your siblings?" He immediately dropped his facade and sat up straight with shock.

"No, but Gabriel demands to know what I'm withholding from him." I relaxed in the chair as my father looked off into space trying to come up with something.

"We agreed not to let you all know he was your uncle because of what he is, I didn't want you kids to be exposed to his unnatural ways," He explained, "When I found out that you were also a shifter now I figure since you wouldn't tell anyone you wouldn't mind becoming the heir to a throne that needs a need alpha when he steps down."

"I have a fiancée who's pregnant, why would I let anyone or thing come between us. And if you decided to take them away from me I have more than enough reason to kill anyone of you." I warned.

"As my eldest you are to take the place of leader when Max steps down. His son is dead so you are the only one who can take his place, either way you look at it we just need you." My father spoke sternly.

"And I need my family, so either you start taking my mate and child in to consideration or I take them and cut you all off. I'm sure mother will have a fit when she can't see her newest grandchild." With that I stood up and left his office.

"She is not a shifter; you are expected to mate with another shifter. Just give her and the child up and take a shifter as your mate, even if you don't love her, make an heir to continue the line." My father followed after me down the stairs.

I stopped in the middle of the stair case and turned toward the man that continued to anger me with every word. "Do you hear the words that are leaving your mouth or did Maxwell school you on what to say do much that you can't think for yourself?" I glared heavily at him.

***

"Mrs. Foster an I ask you a question?" I asked as I pushed my cellphone in the pocket of my pajama pants.

"Call me Maggie sweetheart, what's the problem?" She replied as I entered the living room where we were all sitting playing a few games and having drinks.

"I found out that Maxwell is Mr. foster's brother, I know it's none of my business but why don't any of your children know this?" I reclaimed my seat on the lazy-boy and set my legs akimbo.

"How did you find that out?" Maggie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Kevin and I wanted to know what the sex of the baby was..." I began to tell her how everything came to as I kept an eye on my mother's confused face.

"I see," Maggie replied as she turned to look at my mother. "Was someone in your family a seer?

"What's a seer?" My mother asked looking between us.

"I think my great grandmother was, didn't you say before I was born she pretty much told you I was going to be healthy girl and before she died she said she wouldn't go until she saw me?" I looked to my mother as recognition crossed her face.

"Yes she did, so I guess she was a seer, why?" She turned her attention to Maggie.

"It's quite a rare and special ability. Many people search the world to find someone who will tell them what their future is along with those who never want to know the future and seek to kill the unholy being that can do such a thing." She warned before setting her cup down. "We have to keep this a secret, people will be crawling out the wood works to get to you and your child, so don't mention anything to anyone about it."

"Wait does this mean that Kevin already knew this whole time and didn't tell me?" My brow furrowed together.

"Probably, maybe he didn't tell you because he didn't want to stress you out even further with the whole shifter thing." Maggie tried.

"Wait, what are you two talking about?" My mother looked between us in confusion again.

"Well you see mom, Kevin is Leopard shifter, he can turn into a leopard..." I began to explain to her how everything came to pass, my poor mother deserved that much. 

"So this means my grand baby will become a large cat from time to time?" My mother made a face as she stared at me.

"When he's older, if he has the gene and it's activated? Yes, otherwise from that, no, he'll be normal." I watched as she heaved a sigh of relief.

***

"Where are you?" Gabriel's voice spoke as I answered my cellphone.

"On my way back home, why?" I sighed in annoyance as I turned a corner.

"Come pick me up, I let Stella take the car." He replied over the sound of shuffling papers.

"No, call a taxi." I replied dryly.

"You and I need to have a little chat, so you might as well pick me up so we can get it over with before you go back to Marina." Gabriel reasoned.

"Fine, I'll be there in ten minutes." I hung up before he could reply and sped off down the road.

<<><><><<<<<<<>>>><><><><><><<<<<>>>>>>><><><><> 

There we have it!, I didn't even realize I took this long to update! My apologies everyone. The story is pretty much done now just about two more chapters! :( Comment and VOTE VOTE VOTE!! :)