A Start

"I can take it from here, thanks." I nodded with half lidded eyes before the elevator arrived.

I stepped in a pressed my floor number before leaning against the wall with my eyes closed. The elevator stopped a few times to let people on and off until it was just me, or so I thought.

"Give me your keys." I looked up and around the elevator until my eyes landed on Kevin with his hand stretched out.

"Kevin, go home, I'm fine. I don't know why you're going through all this trouble anyway." I mumbled fanning his hand away from me before stepping out on my floor.

"Give me your keys." He repeated following me to my door as I pulled out my keys.

"No." I mumbled again, struggling to match the key with the door.

He snatched the keys from me and opened the door before lifting me up and carrying me inside. I struggled of course but that just made me dizzy. Kevin brought me up to my room and tossed me on the bed before leaving.

"Jerk!" I slurred as I slowly sat up and began to pull my heels off in a drunken haze.

Once I managed to get them off, I pulled off all my jewelry and set them on the nightstand along with the hairpins that kept my hair together. I set my purse on the nightstand too before my bedroom door opened to reveal Kevin again.

"Kevin, why are you still here?" I asked annoyed.

He didn't answer me as he set a coffee cup down on the other nightstand and began to strip down to his boxers. I watched in confusion as he helped me with my dress before tossing our clothes in a pile on the chair. He helped me up before turning down the covers and getting in bed with me, I laid on one side while he laid on the other with his back turned to me. I was too tired to talk by this point and decided to go to sleep.

<><><><><> 

"Dear God!" I groaned as a headache pounded through my skull.

"Good morning, have some coffee." Peeking an eye open, I could see Kevin standing beside me with a clear coffee mug filled with black coffee.

"Kevin, really, just go home I don't," I paused squeezing my eyes shut at the pain before continuing. "I don't want to owe you anything."

"You are my mate, there is nothing for you to owe me, it's my job to take care of and provide for you." Kevin set the mug down and slowly helped me up.

"Oh would you shut up with that!" I moaned leaning my forehead in to his neck.

Kevin never answered me; instead, he pulled me in to his lap and rubbed my back as if I was a toddler. I eventually slid out of his lap and made my way to the bathroom. When I came back out, Kevin was still sitting in the same spot. He looked over at me and stood up. He placed three fingers on each of my temples and began to massage the pain away.

"What do you want in return for the morning service?" I peaked an eye open.

"Not everyone wants something from you because they did you a favor, but since you asked, I could really use a hug and a kiss oh and a good morning baby." Kevin replied with a smile as I sighed.

"Good morning, baby," I hugged him before pulling back and kissing him quick. "Happy?"

"Like a little boy on Christmas." He bit his bottom lip as he looked at mine.

"What time is it anyway," I asked trying to step out of his embrace.

"Almost eleven," Kevin replied placing kisses on my neck.