The Catch

"Ugh, my head," I looked up from my desk to see Gabriel rubbing his temples as he walked pass me and in to his office.

"Good morning, Ms. Foster." Kevin smirked as he made his way over to his office.

"We've got too much to do today for him to be walking around whining." I huffed as I stood up grabbing the planner book and pen before looking in my purse for painkillers then heading to the water dispenser.

I tucked the planner under my arm as I held the little Dixie cup in one hand while I pushed the cold-water tip down with the hand that held the pill bottle. Filling the cup a little more than half way I headed back toward Gabriel's office and opened the door without knocking.

"Don't you know how to Kno-" Gabriel began until he opened his eyes from rubbing his temples to see that it was me who had entered.

"If I had knocked you would have been complaining even more and we have too many things to do today for me to listen to your whining." I cut him off closing the door behind me with my foot before walking toward his desk.

"I'm sorry it just that I have a killer head ache from last night-" He began to explain to me but I really did not want to know.

"There's no need to explain what you do on your personal time to me. Mr. Fisher, take two of these and begin work, we have a major meeting to cover in about an hour before we have to head out to an interview with insider and a panel for one other clothing company." I explained setting down the cup of water and pills on his desk before looking through the planner.

"Have you no compassion, woman?" Gabriel groaned, contorting his face to mirror as effect of the pain he was feeling as he slowly reached for the pill bottle then the water.

"I'm your assistant, I'm not here to show compassion, to judge, or to be your friend, I'm your assistant, and I assist you with activities you need help managing." I replied reclaiming the pill bottle before leaving him and heading to Kevin's office.

"Yes, mother, I know about that, don't worry everything is under control. Gabriel is a grown man he doesn't need you to baby him. Yes, mother I know about that too." I walked in to Kevin's office while he was on the phone and took a seat in one of the two chairs placed before his desk.

I crossed my right leg over the other as I waited, looking over my outfit in the process. Today I wore a navy blue silk shirt that had puffy shoulders and sleeves that stopped just above my elbow. My skirt was a black waist high pencil skirt that stopped just below my knees. A thin gold belt went through the loops on the skirt to add a splash of brightness. I looked down at my stocking covered legs further down to the blue heels I wore. My hair was flat ironed before I styled it in a bob that reached my shoulders. My earrings were medium hoops that peeked through my hair any chance they got.

"Do you always wear glasses, Ms. Foster?" I looked up to see Kevin paying full attention to me.

"Mostly when I'm outside," I answered before getting down to business. "I hope you've started gathering everything because-"

"We have a meeting in about forty-five minutes before we have to get to an interview and then...what was the last thing?" He asked looking around thoughtfully.

"The panel at stonewell's," I replied glad at least on of them was on track. "It seems like you don't even need me."

"Oh, I think I need you more than you think." He replied with a smirk before turning to his computer and clicking a couple times before typing away.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I'll be setting up the conference room for the arrival of the other." I cleared my throat before turning and leaving his office.

Something about him that intrigued me and just that thought irritated me. I do not have time to let emotions lead me as they once did, not after my last boyfriend or my father. Too many men have disappointed me growing up and I swore to myself I would never let another man lead me on like they did.

".....ster?" I heard something calling at the edge of my thoughts. "Ms. Foster, are you alright?"

I looked up to it was Kevin standing before me looking concerned. He had made his way to me without me knowing. It bothered me how close he could get without me realizing it until it was too late. I took a coupled of steps back from his reach and looked him over before I decided to answer him.

"I'm fine." I replied continuing to set the papers out in front of each seat then setting the mini bottles of water in the center.

"Are you sure, I've been calling you for a couple of minutes now and you looked like you were in pain." Kevin approached me again.

"I said I'm fine, Mr. Fisher." I paused for a moment looking directly at him before I continued what I was doing.

"Marina," I glared at him, "as your boss I have the right to know whether you are healthy enough to do your job as my assistant." He pressed on stepping further in to my space.

"If something was wrong I wouldn't say there wasn't so if you don't mind, Mr. Fisher, I have a few things to finish up before the meeting begins." I side stepped him only to have my arm grabbed by him.

"Marina, as man to woman, work aside, will you promise me that you will let me know immediately when there is something bothering you, even if it is something you consider minor, I want you to tell me." He spoke looking at me like a concerned lover.

"What do you want from me?" I asked uncomfortable with the intensity of his words and posture.

"What I want, is you to need me like I need you." He leaned in tilting my chin up with his free hand before kissing my lips softly, lightly biting my bottom lip and pulling back a little before letting go.

I was surprised that I let him kiss me without a fight. I pulled away from him just as he went to speak again and went to slap him but the conference room door opened and a woman stepped in.

"Oh, Mr. Fisher, I've been looking for you, the two companies are on their way up now." She spoke looking between Kevin and me.

"Wonderful send them straight here, Ms. Foster would you mind getting my brother." Kevin asked looking at him as if to make sure I was all right.

"Sure, I'll be back in a moment. Excuse me." I cleared my throat and walked to pass the woman as she made way for me.

I quickly made my way over to Gabriel's office and knocked twice before opening the door. Walking in I noticed Gabriel with his arms crossed and his head lying on top of it. With a loud groan, I walked up to the desk and slammed my palm down. Gabriel jumped up and looked around before his eyes landed on me.

"Ms. Foster, why? What was that?" He stuttered sitting up and trying to fix himself.

"You were asleep, you have a meeting too get to right now, do you see the problem?" I asked resting my hands on my hips.

"Shit, I forgot, I just fell asleep after taking the pills, sorry, I'll be right there." He stood up and straightened out his clothes again.

"I suggest you go home and Mr. Fisher and I will handle the rest of the day." I suggested, as he seemed to be out of focus, until I spoke of his brother.

"No! I will be going right now lets go." He gathered up his papers and rushed toward the conference room.

We entered in the middle of a large man talking and pointing at an image on the projector. I took my seat in the back of the room watching the presentations while Gabriel took his seat across from Kevin who sat in the middle. Within two hours, we had six new projects to we needed done in two weeks time. I wrote down everything they would need to be doing those days. Everyone was proud that their pitches were accepted and taken in to consideration.

By Eight, I had, avoided all advances Gabriel tried to make toward me as well as Kevin's worried looks. I said goodnight to the two men before quickly heading to the elevator. I pressed it hurriedly as gI noticed Kevin, with Gabriel hot on his heels, walking my way out of the corner of my eye. The elevator came just as he reached me. I could have kicked it if there were not other people in there with us.

"Hello Mr. Fisher, are you doing anything tonight, the guys are going out for drinks. Would you like to come along?" A blond haired employee asked.

"I'd love to but I have a date tonight, maybe next time." He replied glancing over at me before looking foreword again.

There were a chorus of goodnights as Kevin, Gabriel, and I walked as well as a few others walked out heading our own ways. I made my way to my car hearing footsteps behind me but decided to ignore their owner. Kevin followed me to my car and stepped in front of me before I could the key in the door.

"What Kevin?" I sighed looking up at him.

"It's always polite to walk a woman to her car, I am a gentleman." He replied smiling.

"Job well done, goodbye." I replied waiting for him to move.

"What kind of dinner are you feeling for, the theme is Italian." He looked at me curiously.

"I'm not having dinner with you tonight or any night." I replied pushing him away.

"You owe me for driving you from work to the hospital then home, remember?" He smiled like a little boy at me.

"Ugh fine, I don't care what you get. This is only one time." I replied pushing him further away so I could get in the car.

I started the car and the engine revved but died. I forgot I never called anyone for my car. I retested my head on the staring wheel in frustration before I heard a knocking on the window. I looked up to see Kevin still standing there.

"Why are you still here?" I was becoming highly irritated.

"Looks like you need a ride still." He smiled innocently. "Plus we're having dinner together, might as well come with me, I'll even pick you up in the morning."

"Something isn't normal about you and I'm going to find out what it is." I eyed him warily as I got out of the car locking it after grabbing my bag and following him to his car.

"Fine, I'll tell you now, I am simply fascinated by you. I love being in your company." He smiled as we got to his car and he opened the passenger door for me. "Your highness,"

With out a word I got in the car and watched as he walked over to the driver's side. All the while, the question popped in to my mind. Why would he call me your highness? He couldn't have figured out who I was, then again how would he even know about the club? I looked him over as he got in the car and something about him was familiar, He rather looked like Danger, but I doubt it could be him. Just to make sure. I would check him out at my house.

"Are you alright?" Kevin asked looking between the road and me.

"Do you have any tattoos?" I asked ignoring his question.

"Yea, I got one while I was in Africa, why?" He asked with a chuckle.

"No reason." I replied.

Within minutes, we were seated in a restaurant with candles and soft music as well as expensive food.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Kevin asked while we ate.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I replied.

"Good we're both single. Tell me, what do you like in a man?" he asked watching me.

"Why?" I set my fork down.

"I want to know you, I don't know if you realized it yet but I like you a lot." He replied rubbing his chin and licking his lips.

"Why, because I say no to you while other women throw themselves at you?" I smirked.

"That's only half of it." He chuckled.

"I don't mix business with pleasure, and I don't think you're the faithful kind." I looked him over, his smile leaving his face as I spoke.

"I'd be faithful to you and only you. And I think you're capable of separating our business from our pleasure, just like now." He reached out and placed his large hand over my smaller one.

"Before you left you were very professional, barely even looked my way, now you come back and act like I'm the most interesting thing you've ever seen." I pointed out.

"Because before, I wasn't an appreciative man, but once I got down there they showed me something's I didn't like about myself and when I came back I had a better appreciation for women especially you." He replies drawing circles on the back of my hand with his finger.

"Do you want to have sex with me?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, but I also want to be yours, even if you with hold sex from me until your ready." He looked me in my eyes as he spoke.

"How about we go back to my place get it over with?" I tested him.

"You'd only be giving me more of a reason to pursue you." He licked his lips again.

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<

I realized that I was doing three pages a chapter so I wanted to keep it that way lol. Let me know what you thought about it!! Comment. Vote. Share!