The Office

"Well, good morning, Marina, I'm glad you are able to come in today. Is your family situation delt with?" The man I worked for asked as I approached my desk in from of his office.

"Good morning Mr. Fisher, thank you for your concern." I answered as I sat at my desk and began to look through the unfinished work I had.

"You didn't answer my question, Ms. Foster." Gabriel Fisher, my boss leaned against my desk with his arms crossed.

"I didn't think you really expected an answer Mr. Fisher." I continued to look through the work I had and wrote down his schedule for the upcoming week.

"Marina, why do you insist on being so cold toward me after all we have been working together for a year now." Gabriel Fisher has been flirting with me from the moment we met.

"This is a work place and not a social event, Mr. Fisher, now how may I help you?" I set the papers down and looked up at him.

"Today at twelve we have a photo shoot and commercial to overview, it's an ad for sports wear. It's on the wild life reserve, I suggest you wear comfortable shoes to walk along the trail in." He eyed me up and down his eyes lingering on my chest.

"How considerate of you, but as your assistant I also know about these things that are planned already so I came prepared." I crossed one leg over the other so he would notice my steel toed converses.

"Steel toed? We're not going to a factory." He scoffed as he eyed my sneakers.

"So? We will be in wooded areas, and just in case of an attack or anything when I'm alone, these will come in handy. Especially if my attacker is a man." I smirked as his face went from cocky to nervous.

"Well, I'll be in my office, we have two hours until then so, get as much done now as you can." I watched his adam's apple bob as he swallowed and looked around nervously before heading in to his office.

A few minutes after I was deep in to my paperwork, my cellphone began to vibrate. I pulled it out of my neatly ironed pants pocket to see the name Fluffy, below a picture of a Spanish man.You could tell just by the shoulder up, picture that he was a large and buff man.

"I'm working Fluff, what's up?" I held the phone between my left shoulder and ear as I worked.

"Yes I know, but I wanted to make sure that you are gonna be here tonight. The girls miss you and the guys want to challenge you, we even got a new guy here who wants to meet you, he'll be here tonight too." Fluffy, who's real name was Gary informed me.

"I've only been gone three days, it's not like I'm there everyday either so it must be you missing me. and who's this new guy?" I replied as I organized the papers before looking up at the clock to see that it was almost time to go.

"Fine, I do miss my little trouble maker, and this new guy his name is Danger, we got to talking and he found a few pictures of you beating some of the guys in the ring and wanted to know about you." He explained.

"Hmm, I'll see what I can do, but I have to go now." I smiled as I once again had a new challenger.

"Alright, hopefully we'll see you tonight." With that said we said our good byes, just as Mr. Foster's office door opened.

"Marina, it's time for us to head out." Mr. Fisher came out with just his cellphone in hand.

"Let's go then." I tucked my planner and phone in to the small messenger bag I had and followed him to the elevator.

We arrived at the wildlife reserve twenty minutes ago now and we stood at a safe distance while the director and actors set up for the commerical. They were advertising a new running shoe and suit to go with it. Mr. Foster and I sat behind the director as the handle introduced a female Cheetah in to the scene. They had the female run to a certain destination and then had the actress run in the same direction as well. It was quite boring since there were retakes and Mr.Foster kept flirting with me. I walked off toward the refreshments table. I speared a piece of honeydew with a toothpick and brought it to my lip. As I was in the process of biting in to the fruit I noticed something creeping out of the bushes toward the table I stood at while eyeing me like prey. A Leopard. I slowly walked backwards just in case it decided to charge at me.