Lifeline

"Why are you just standing there? Come on Stella have a seat." I patted the space on the chair next to me knowing she was skinny enough to fit, now that she thinned out.

"Stella is going to help me get the beers." Devin retorted.

"You're closer to kitchen so you go, you're a man, you're strong enough to throw punches, you should be able to handle a couple packs of beers." I snapped. "Come on over, cousin."

Stella looked right at me as she came over and sat next to me. I handed her some popcorn as she hesitantly took it from me and ate it. Devin stormed off while we all just watched the game.

"I'm Dennis by the way." The one who stayed on the couch said.

"Mhm." I answered while looking at the T.V.

"So how come we never seen you before?" Dennis asked.

"How often are you guys over here?" I asked.

"At least three times a week, why?" Carlos answered.

Devin came back with two six packs of Bud Light and smiled politely as he handed me one. I smiled back and accepted it knowing he probably licked the rim or shook it, and by the feel of it I could tell he shook it. I set it down on the table and looked up at the clock.

"Who knew it's already been two hours." I muttered as I leaned back with my cousin next to me.

"Yes, when are you leaving?" Devin asked sarcastically.

"When you gain some manners." I smiled sickly sweet at him before looking back at the game.

"I'll be back," Stella muttered as she stood up from her place next to me and quickly headed up stairs, probably to the bathroom.

After a few seconds Devin headed upstairs as well. Just as I heard his foot steps quickly going up, I sighed and stretched as I stood up, warming up my muscles as I spoke.

"Well fellas, it looks like it's time to hit the road." They looked at me with disappointment.

"Awe leaving so soon?" Emmy asked.

"No, you three are leaving, get out." I pointed to the entrance.

"You can't kick us out!" Dennis challenged.

"This house belongs to me, and I can slaughter each one of you and make it look like a little home renovating gone wrong, I could also kill you and claim self defense seeing as you three don't live here and this is my property." I smiled sadistically at them and that was enough to get them moving.

"Crazy bitch," One of them muttered as they grabbed their things and rushed to the door.

I pulled out my knife and gently picked at my nails while they walked pass me. They eyed me warily as the size of the knife caught their attention. Once they were out the door I locked it and quietly made my way up stairs. I could hear them in the bathroom that was a short distance across from the stairs. I grabbed a chair from out of the bedroom closest to the bathroom and sat a good distance from the bathroom door, just enough for me to hear them and just enough for me to be the first thing they see when they leave.

".....her over here, do you think I'm an idiot?" He raged and I silently nodded answering his question.

"I never called her I was at the store, I left my phone here, you have my phone and I don't know anyone's number by heart, I didn't call her!" Stella pleaded.

Just hearing my cousin like that made my sadness for her turn to anger for him. She was too stubborn to understand that this wasn't love, this was obsession, and possessiveness. He probably got her to believe that she would be nothing without him and she would need him when he was gone. As if on queue I heard the lies I knew he fed her.