Appealing

"I know you've probably heard this question a thousand times, but exactly how did you and Mr. Fisher become an item, how did he propose?" Another snotty woman asked pretending to care.

"Well to sum it up, He wouldn't leave me alone and I finally gave in after months and months of pursuing me," I smiled half heartedly, "Well, if you'll excuse me." I walked off my smile slipping in to an annoyed look as I made my way over to a corner to relax in.

"Whoa," A man exclaimed as I bumped in to him, "Well hello again," I looked up at the man that held my elbow to see that it was Fredrick or as I know him, monster.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't even see you there," I replied taking a sigh of relief.

"No problem, but it seems as if you in a rush to get away," He smiled letting go and assessing me from the bun my hair was set in to black wedges that matched the purple and turquoise turtleneck dress I wore.

"Well no one wants to swim in a sea of crocs." I smirked as I looked over his casual yet formal outfit.

"Oh, I like that," He chuckled before offering his arm, "Then allow me to escort you out of these waters and to a cooler place."

"Thank you," I gave a light smile before holding on to his bicep allowing him to lead me out of the large party room and up to the deck of the boat the party was held.

Tonight was another party for another company and it's people to go out and possibly strike contracts with other companies, though that was disguised by the seventy-fifth anniversary of Madam Lu's fashion line on the market. Once again I had managed to slip away from Kevin but and get bombarded by a sore loser, if you will, who wants to know how a plain assistant like me could get such a rich man like Kevin. As of twenty minutes ago, I lost sight of Kevin, Stella, and Gabriel. It didn't really matter to me though; I wasn't looking for them in the first place. Before that woman snagged me earlier, I managed to set up a few appointments for my bosses with around twelve new product engineers who need a company to sell to, so my job is done.

"How's your night been so far?" Monster asked once we found a bench to sit on.

"It's been interesting and boring, almost all at once." I smiled faintly as I looked out at the water that surrounded us.

"Very true, though it's always nice to see a familiar face. I'm still new to this whole party thing, and so far you are the only friend I've made, at least the only one that I actually like." Monster or well Fredrick's gaze never seemed to leave me.

"I've been doing this for a couple years now and the only advice I can give you is know what you want and go for it. As long as you know what you want, do not hesitate to get your point across. But as a foot note, you should know when and where are the appropriate time to bring up your goal." I replied looking past the sea in front of us in to nothing in particular.

"Then, I will assume that now is the right time and place to do this," Once he said that I felt soft warm lips caress my in a soft yet demanding kiss.

As quickly as he started it, I ended it. My palm came down across his cheek in a powerful crack before I stood up and stepped away from him. His head forced to the right from the impact, turned back to face me as he cradled the abused flesh while moving his bottom jaw to relieve the pain.

"I'm engaged, I know you are aware of that." I glared at him.

"It's been two months since you two let the news of your engagement out, yet, you don't wear a ring. Until there's a ring on your finger you are still free to claim." Fredrick smirked standing as well.

"Kevin is my fiancé and I will not have you soiling our relationship because you consider me a stray until I wear a collar. Good bye, Mr. Hammon." With that said, I wiped my lips with the back of my hand as I stalked off the deck and down to the party area on a hunt for Kevin.