Package deal

"Marina," He groaned at a failed attempt to wake me up.

"Kevin." I muttered slowly.

"It's eight, let’s start our day now." Kevin trailed kisses down my neck to my chest as his hands trailed up from my thighs under the hem of my shirt, hooking his fingers under the thin sides of my underwear.

"Have you no off switch?" I yawned as I stretched, arching up in to Kevin's caresses.

"I don't know, when I'm around you there is no time where I don't want you." He leaned in to kiss my lips but I turned away.

"I'm trying to be more open with you but you have to work with me too. All this mushy lovey-dovey shit is a little too much." I huffed pushing him away from me as I sat up dangling my legs over the edge of the bed.

"Sorry, no can do, actually scratch that, I'm not sorry." He shrugged quickly placing a kiss on my neck before heading toward the bathroom.

The thought suddenly hit me that I should take a pregnancy test. The times we had sex were both unprotected. I needed to find a way to get away from him long enough to buy and take the pill or test. Picking up my phone I stepped out of the bedroom and called Stella once I reached the kitchen.

"What, you mean to tell me sensible Marina has had the pleasures of a roller coaster without being strapped in?" Stella was enjoying this too much.

"If you so much as tell even a bug, I'm going to-"

"Alright, just do yourself a favor and reach behind you and pull that pantie out of its bunch!"

"This is no joking matter Stella, there could be a life developing in me, I would expect you to understand how serious this is, or has that never phased you?" I hissed angrily in to the phone.

"That's low, Rina, even for you." Came Stella's sober reply.

"I need your help Stella, this is serious, you know this and yet you find the time to make fun of me. How do you think I feel being made fun of in my time of need?" I replied feeling both betrayed and guilty.

"I'll talk to you later; enjoy the rest of your day."

"Stell-" the phone cut off leaving and empty sound on my end.

"Is everything alright?" I turned to see Kevin coming down the stairs in just a pair of black jeans undone showing off his burgundy boxers underneath.

"Guess you heard what's going on." I sighed setting my phone down on the kitchen counter.

"Why didn't you talk to me about this instead?" He asked standing in the doorway with his muscled arms crossed over his muscular tattooed chest.

"I just had the thought and wanted to know for myself, if I found out that I am I would have told you, if not there would be no reason to bring it up." I stared blankly at him.

Kevin stared back at me for a moment before turning his back to me and heading toward the fridge. I watched as he pulled out eggs, bacon, bagels, and cream cheese. He set the items on the island counter before digging in the bottom cupboard for a pan.

"That's the end of the conversation, no reply?" stared at his back, watching his muscles bunch and release

"There's nothing to say." Kevin replied focusing on the task at hand.

Fine, if he wasn't going to push it then I wasn't going to push him. With that thought I decided to make coffee for him and tea for myself. Silently we went about making breakfast.

"I think it would be best if we didn't do this thing today, I'm just gonna head in to work." I spoke up slaying the silence we managed to keep for almost thirty minutes.