Maternal Powers

"Seriously, you think this is going to work?" I laid in the middle of the bed while Kevin went around lighting candles that were baby scent related.

One he was done he slid in to bed next to me and pulled me into his arms, tangling our legs together. He cradled my head under his chin and began to breath deep and even breaths.

"Following my breathing, clear your mind of everything except our cub." He waited for a moment before speaking again. "Once you do that, imagine the baby and us after it's born, tell me what you see.

"Okay, well, After the baby's born it's wrapped in a blanket and we're at the hospital then home. The baby room is decorated in blue, yellow, and green. Further in the future when the baby starts walking, we're in a field on a nice summer day. The baby is chasing you while I follow close behind to make sure he doesn't fall. It's quite adorable since he's wearing the exact same white T-shirt, tan khakis, and white converses as you." I smiled as the image dully played out in my mind.

"Marina,"

"We're all wearing the same thing, except my shorts are shorter and my shirt is blue."

"Marina," Kevin spoke loudly as he shook me.

"What?" I pulled away and looked up at him.

"You said he." He smiled.

"I did?" looking down I searched my mind for the time I said it and gasped when I found it. "We're having a boy?" I asked surprised.

"You said it yourself, twice." Kevin kissed my forehead.

"But what if it isn't really a boy but just my subconscious choice?" I questioned as the thought dawned on me.

"We're having a son. You'll see in a few weeks." Kevin reassured before pulling me back to him. "Now sleep."

***

As planned within four months the tabloids were buzzing about us and the baby. They caught Kevin and me going in and leaving a few stores as we continued to prepare the baby room. At six months pregnant I was larger and more noticeable than I would have liked. Though I hated the excessive attention I did love the feeling on my child moving inside me. Kevin and I found out yesterday that we were indeed having a boy and had the room painted exactly how I saw it in the vision.

"Wow this is a lot of stuff." Stella spoke up from her seat next to me on the floor, unwrapping gifts.

"Apparently, all the women have a special secret for baby flu's and tummy aches and all that." Kevin sighed as he came into the living room with four glasses cradled against his chest.

"Especially my mother." I smirked as we all took a glass from him. "All the special Jamaican remedies she used on me and my brother."

"Speaking of your brother, will we ever get a chance to meet him?" Gabriel asked before taking a sip.

"He'll be back around new years, I told him about everything after he saw and heard about me and Kevin in magazines and on tv, he can't wait to to see his nephew." I smiled as the conversation crossed my mind.

"When will my little cousin be born anyway?" Stella asked as she folded the new clothes we got as gifts.

"He'll be due in about three weeks, which is why we are getting married next week." Kevin smiled rubbing my stomach only to receive a few kicks against his palm.

"That soon, where are you going to have it since it's getting cold?" Gabriel set his glass on the floor beside his left thigh and reached for a packaged baby toy.

"Saturday will be summer time fine, So I was thinking we could gather everyone at my beach house and have the wedding there. The place is big enough for family and friends to fit comfortably." Kevin pitched his idea. "They could even sleep over if they want."

"That sounds nice, on top of the fact that I can wear one of those off shoulder maternity wedding dresses, that flow at the slightest breeze." I replied sarcastically.

"And I finally get to be in a wedding!" Stella cheesed, showing off perfectly straight teeth with a few chips here and there, as she missed the hint of sarcasm I spoke with.

"Beach weddings are cute, except for when a storm hits." Gabriel commented as he shook a blue plastic rattle.

Kevin glared at his brother,"Thank you, Jinx, all we new is you to ruin my woman's wedding day."

***

"This is not how things were supposed to go, you were supposed to breakup and hate each other before going your separate ways, not getting married and expecting a child!" Maxwell bellowed as he slammed his fists on the hardwood of his desk.

He switched moods like a bipolar sociopath. He smiled at Kevin when we stopped by his house to talk everything out but when he caught a glimpse of my face his features turned grim. He led us up to his office and demanded to know the reason we were together.

"Who said I wanted to take over after you retire? You should have spent time having your own children instead of trying to get me to take your place." Kevin glared while he spoke through gritted teeth.

"What makes you so sure I don't have children, hmm?" He eyed us like a delirious madman in a fun house.

"If you did you wouldn't be badgering me to take over some thing I don't even understand! Or is it that your kids just don't want to be around their dear old dad?" Kevin hissed as his eyes began to flicker from their hazel to bright gold.

"You ungrateful peace of shit, you know nothing!" Maxwell's eyes began to flicker as well.

"Then pray tell, where are your children and why don't you ever talk about them?" Kevin challenged as he gripped the padded arms of the chair he sat in as if he was holding himself back from lunging at the older man.

"I had a son, he died at nineteen because of some stupid human bitch, that couldn't keep her mouth shut!" He shouted the last part as his flickering eyes turned violently toward me. "The bitch told her friends, who told everyone else about what he was and eventually some hunters found him and kidnapped him, doing all kinds of tests before killing him."

"I'm sorry for your loss but that is not going to stop me from creating a family with this woman." My mate replied calmly through gritted teeth as he tried to calm himself.

"No, you will not keep her as a mate you will revoke the mating and take a mate that is one of our own kind!" Demanded the older man.

Kevin stood up from his seat with clenched fists. " I don't give a fuck about you want, the only reason aim here talking to your annoying ass is because she thought is was time to figure out whether or not you had given up on your pursuit. I guess not." Kevin slotted his as as he watched the persistent man stand before him.

"You think you're safe because the media knows about the two of you and that child? Well your not, they'll feel bad about the loss of your wife and child but that's about it they they'll soon forget about her." A sadistic smirk graced his features.

As he said that I felt a tingle go through my body, from my head down the the tips of my fingers and toes, just a heavy rush of wind pushed through the room causing both men to turn to me. The flickering in their eyes stopped and stayed on their beastly gold.

"Did you just threaten my child's life?" I spoke calmly as I stood up and facing the threat before me.

"My mate?" Kevin gently spoke before I could see his hand waving in front of my clouded sight. "Can you see?"

I turned to where his voice rang and tried good look at him tilting my head like a predator. "My vision is clouded like smoke or parchment paper in front of me but I can still see your shape." I replied as the tingling kept going at the tips of my fingers and toes.

"What is this madness?" Maxwell hissed stepping back slowly. "What have you done, cub?"

"What have I done, I'm not the one that threatened a pregnant woman's child, am I?" Kevin faced the older man then me.

Suddenly I gasped as I felt a cooler sensation flow down my body. It felt like stepping out of a hot shower and feeling the cool air hit you when you open the door. The veil from my eyes cleared and my vision almost quickly adjusted to the lighted room again. My vision was much better as realized as I reached for my glasses, pulling them from my face and set my gaze on the angry yet confused man.

"I will kill you with my bare hands if you or anyone under you command even so much as breath too hard in my direction. You threaten my child's safety, I end your existence got it?" I warned feeling a flare of heat come through me as my anger rose.

"What are you?" Maxwell watched me as if I were a new species of human. "Your eyes..."

Suddenly I was across the room with my hand gripping at Maxwell's throat, squeezing slowly. "You will leave my family alone, unless you want to miss the new additions to your family."

"Marina, what are you talking about?" Kevin asked which caused me to turned to him.

"Didn't you know? He's your uncle, the one you heard about but don't remember seeing much." I answered.

"How did you know that?" Maxwell asked through gritted teeth as he tried to keep breathing.

"Aside from the close up resemblance, the saying 'your eyes are the windows into to your soul' is not a just a saying." I looked on him with pity.

"My love," Kevin held his hands out beckoning me to him.

With one last squeeze for good measure I released the man and stepped into my mates arms. I instantly felt myself calm as my body cooled off again. I gripped his shirt as I tucked my face into the base of his neck. My body felt weak and I almost fell Just as Kevin arms lifted me

"Stay away from us, there's nothing more vicious than a mother protecting what is hers. Any smart male would know that." Kevin spoke after a moment of silence then turned, leaving Maxwell's office and house.

As he carried me out to the car he unlocked the doors and set me in the passenger seat. I lazily pulled on my seat belt when he closed my door and made his way to the drivers side.

"Kevin," He answered me with a hum. "What was he trying to say about my eyes?" I looked over at him as he pulled off in to the empty streets.

"They were amber with bright streaks of gold going out from your pupil. But now they're back to their regular brown." He replied softly.

"What happened to me?" I needed to know what was going with my body aside from the obvious.

"You are about to become a mother, your instincts are deadlier when protecting your offspring now that you have my DNA going through your veins. I think you are already a Leopardess I just need to activate it." He replied curtly as he kept his eyes on the road.

"I don't know how I did it, but I saw into his soul, all his memories of you. I'm sorry that it came out like that but I was compelled to tell you." I reached over and placed my hand in his thigh.

"I'm glad I found out now before they would think to use it against me." He let got of the wheel with his right hand and held my left one, tangling our fingers before kissing the back of my hand and holding it as we drive home.

"What do we do now?"

"You'll stay home tomorrow with our mothers while I go in to the office. I have a few things to do before I go hunt me father down and have a talk with him."

"Come back to me in one piece, no bruises got it?" I eyed my fiancé.

"Yes, my love I will come back to you both in one piece." He kissed the back of my hand again as he pulled in to the drive way. "Can you walk?"

"I'll be fine, just want to sleep and some ice cream with cucumbers." I opened my door once the car was parked and unbuckled my seat belt.

The walk to the door was a bit unbalanced but Kevin made sure to stay behind me. He helped me up to bed when I began to feel the powerful pains called kicks from our cub. "I guess he wants me to hurry up and get to bed." I winced rubbing the sore places he kicked the most.

I changed into one of Kevin's loose tank tops that nicely covered my swollen belly before stopping mid thigh. He loved it when we wore his clothes it was some kind of male pride thing but It was only fair that he wore something of mine in return. When he came back into the room his shoulder length hair was pulled into a messy bun on top of his head.

"That is so cute!" I gushers as he came into the bedroom with my ice cream and freshly cut cucumbers.

"If you're going to make fun of me, I'm going to take it out." He warned as he handed me the combo as he sat on his side if the bed.

"I'm not making fun of you, it really is cute seeing you with a fluffy blue scrunchy in your hair." I kissed his cheek before digging in to my treat. "Imagine Thor with a bright blue scrunchy holding up his bun, that's you." I smiled.

"You better not tell our son about this when he's older." He warned me, laying down on his back.

"You bet I will."

<><><><><<<<<><>>>>><<<>

And here is the new chapter! I'm almost done with this! Kevin and Maxwell are related omg! Get it now? No? Don't worry the next chapter will most likely explain all that. Comment. Vote. Like. Share. Comment. And vote again!