Three AM

"I actually- I think- I kind of thought you were a vampire." Came her calm reply after she jumped up.

"Seriously?" I asked confused that those were the first words that came out of her mouth.

"What, did you expect me to run around screaming, trying to get away from you, maybe a little tear action going on?" She asked sarcastically.

"Yea, just a little bit," I replied still confused.

"Too bad, as long as you don't bite me, or attack me, everything's fine." She shrugged and took a seat.

"A vampire though?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah, at least that's sexier than a big cat trying to hump my leg." Marina shrugged taking a sip of the tea I offered her.

"There's more than one kind of vampire and the ones that feed on other vampires are not cute at all, actually their quiet hideous." I replied.

"I'm not even surprised that any of those things are real, as long as I or the people I care fore are not attacked, everything is fine." Marina looked over at me bored.

"I have something else to tell you, sweet lady," I smirked remembering when I sang the song by Tyrese to her, I could smell her arousal stronger than my scent in the room.

"What, you hack up hair balls some times, don't be alarmed if you start licking yourself?" Marina teased.

"No, you're my mate, as much of a mate as a Leopard shifter can have." I explained.

"Leopards are solitary animals their only around other Leopards long enough to mate, that's pretty much it, and I will not be a fuck buddy, as a matter of fact, we already had sex that should be enough for you." Marina looked at me.

"But I am still human, so I will not leave you, I want you." I licked my lips as I looked at her.

"Or until your cat gets tired of me." Marina gave me a look of disbelief.

'She's so feisty, I like a challenge, and I believe I'll be the first of my kind to settle down.' Zuvan chuckled in my mind.

"Even Zuvan would settle down, just to be with you." I offered.

"Who is Zuvan?" She asked looking around for him.

"My Leopard, whenever my eyes change it's usually him taking control." I explained as she eyed me cautiously.

"Look, I'm tired, I'm going to sleep, we can talk about this weird stuff tomorrow, hopefully I'll wake up and I'll be in my own room and you trying to get with me is all some kind of nightmare." She waved her arms lazily as she made her way up to my room.

Following her, I watched as she stripped out of her clothes, laying her dress on the chair back before setting her shoes beside it and laying her jewelry out on my dresser. I watched as Marina looked through my draws until she pulled out a plain white tank top that fit her like a tight dress, before climbing in to my bed and getting under the covers. I stared at her now sleeping form for a moment, then stripped down and joined her. Knowing her, she wouldn't be too happy that this wasn't a nightmare.

"Hey, wake up," I heard as the pressure of small hands shook my shoulder. "Wake up!"

"What, what's wrong?" I sat up looking around on alert.

"The man you were talking to what is he?" Marina asked causing me sigh in relief and frustration before looking at her.

"You woke me up at," I looked at the alarm clock, "three in the morning, to ask me about the man at the party?" My voice was calm.