48. Restart of the D.A.

James' POV

"Come on, hurry up!" I said, "We don't want the snakes finding out."

I closed the door to the Room of Reqiurement as the last person got in.

"Right, so what do we do now?" Rose asked.

"Let's practise some spells," Dominique said.

"What spells?" Louis asked.

"Let's start with the Disarming Charm, that's what our parents did back in their day," Al suggested.

And thus it began, nearly every night, we gather in the Room of Requirement to practise every night. We spent a lot of time practising the Shield Charm, and several powerful, well not the most, but very handy attack spells, knowing they will be extremely useful. By the start of May we had ran through everything we all knew about them.

The students of the other schools had left last month. Adeline and I kept in touch by owl. We send each other letters everyday. Good news is, we won't have to do this next year, as she is transfering to Hogwarts for Year 7.

The winners of the TriWizard Tournament were Adeline and Eva. It was no surprise though. They had a sky high score in Task 2. Besides, their score in Task 1 was pretty good as well.

More and more people join us here in the Room of Requirement now. Frank Longbottom was the first ones that joined us, we had also included him into our little group. The others are mostly Gryffindors, a few from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as well, but there are no Slytherins.

"What should we do today?" Catrina asked.

"Well, we ran over most attack and defense spells, we could try something else?" Roxanne said.

"How about the Patronus Charm? It's useful towards dementors, and it can be used to communicate," Rose said.

"You know how to conjure it?" Head Boy Raymond McKenzie asked.

"Well, I've never conjured it before but I know the theory," Rose said, "You focus on a happy memory and say Expecto Patronum."

"That's it?" a Hufflepuff asked.

"That's all I know," Rose shrugged.

"I read a book about it before and I remember that's the way to conjure it. Let's try it," a Ravenclaw said.

I focused on a happy memory and said, "Expecto Patronum." But what came out of my wand was only silver wisp.

"It's a Scorpion!"

"Scorpius did it!"

"Oh my gosh!"

"He really did it!"

I looked at Scorpius, and there he was, directing his scorpion to go all over the room.

"This is so cool!" he said excitedly and laughed.

"Great job, Scorp!" Al smirked and nudged his best friend.

I tried again, focusing on another happy memory, but still, only silver wisp came out of my wand.

Over the next few days, we spent time practising the Patronus Charm. Some of us got the hand of it, often when one of us did it, we would stop and admire that Patronus.

I got a Stag, like dad actually. Al's also a Stag. Rose got a horse, Molly got a cat. Some also got bunnies, Suzanne even got a wolf.

By then we were thinking if those snakes were going to attack Hogwarts at all.

But then, trouble came.

Right after the day we all finished our exam, when we were sitting in our usual corner of our common room chatting after dinner, an owl flew in. The letter was to Scorpius and Annabelle.

Scorpius snatched it, and ripped the letter open.

"There's a new Minister," he said, face white as sheet.

"What?!"

"What about Kingsley?"

He took a deep breath, "Shacklebolt is dead."

"They took the Ministry. Leo is the new Minister."