34. The Goblet of Fire

James' POV

I trudged down to the Entrance Hall with my friends. I told them I wanted to see who's entering except Catrina and Catriona, but secretly I want to tell Adeline not to enter the Tournament, it's too dangerous. We've been sending letters to each other since I bumped into her the second day she's here. She told me she has no choice, as she is the student representitive. If she has to enter, at least I can be there for support.

Flitwick had conjured up some benches at the Entrance Hall. Scorpius and Albus were already there. We sat next to them.

"Where're Rose, Molly and Suzanne?" I asked.

"Library," the two best mates answered together.

Catrina and Catriona were entering, flashing everyone smiles as they stepped in the age line.

Next, some other students from Sikrorth and Beauxbatons entered.

Adeline then followed suit, with her sister Eva next to her. Cheers came from the Glaemnonia students.

I followed her as she left the Hall, ignoring my friends as they tried to hold me back.

"Adeline!" I called out.

"James?" She turned around.

My breath was caught in my throat. She was just so beautiful. I could only nod in response.

"I know you don't want me to join the tournament. I hope you would understa..." she started.

"I know, but, just, be careful, okay?" I said.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine," she smiled.

I smiled back.

"Oh and James, do you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" she asked.

I froze. Am I dreaming, or not...

"Yes of course!" I beamed.

"Great! Let's go to er... is that Hogsmeade? Together and buy dress robes?"

"Sure, let's go together," I smiled so brightly.

Right at this very moment, Al was yelling my name, "JAMES? JAMES!"

"Is that someone calling you?" Adeline asked.

"Yeah that's my younger brother, Albus."

"Seems like your brother needs you," she said, "I'll see you around."

"Bye Adeline."

"Bye James."

Albus and Scorpius marched up to me right after Adeline was gone.

"So, what do you want?" I asked, annoyed.

"Not us, uncle Neville, he wants all Gryffindors in the common room now," Scorpius said.

I sighed. Fine, I thought.

"So, how do you two communicate? I thought she's German," Al said casually.

"Her dad's German, but her mum's half French, half English," I said.

"She speaks all three languages?" Scorpius asked.

"Yeah."

We reached the common room in no time, and sure enough, uncle Neville, or should I say, Professor Longbottom, was already there, waiting for us.

He waited until all the Gryffindors were here, and started, "Gryffindors, I'm here to tell you several things about the Triwizard Tournament."

Obviously, I thought.

"There will be a Yule Ball on 24 December, which is Christmas Eve. It is open to all students, there will be some guests that day as well."

"To ensure you will have your dressrobes, we will let all students to go to Hogsmeade on 24 November. Champions must have a date," looking at Catriona as he said the last sentence. It was obvious he hoped Catriona would be the champion. It would make Gryffindor look good. Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't want those snakes to get chosen.

"Catriona has her eyes on Stephen Allen," Scorpius commented.

Suzzy looked at Catriona and giggled.

"Sooo, bro, does Adeline have a date?" Al asked.

"Yes, me, in fact," I smirked.

Al smirked and extended his hand towards Scorpius. Scorpius groaned and fished out 1 galleon.

"You two made a bet?" Rose asked, laughing.

"And I won," Al said while Scorpius fake glared at him.

"What bet?" Molly asked.

"James has Adeline as a date in the Yule Ball," Scorpius said, still scowling.

We all laughed.

I'm sorry! I'm very busy at school now that I am in senior form! I promise to update ASAP! Thanks for reading!

Vote
Comment
Share

~L