39. Thoughts

Adeline's POV

I stayed at the Potters' for the whole Christmas holiday. I had a nice time with James, and got to know his family more.

Speaking of James, I love him and I know he loves me. But our relationship will be a hard one. Professor Ashley wouldn't really approve, she would think this would affect my performance and some people might even think I am 'fraternising with the enemy', or even that I had hints of the tasks because James' father is the Head of the Auror Office.

But I really can't give him up.

So we kept it a secret to avoid the gossip. Although James' siblings and cousins know, I know they can keep a secret. Eva can as well. But if, my friends found out, the whole world will know.

The Tournament really bothers me. The tasks are hard, I have no idea what the words in the envelope mean. But if it wasn't for the Tournament, I would never have met James.

The stuff in the envelopes were different. At least, mine differs from Eva's.

The second task is scheduled on 2 March, meaning I still have 2 months to figure out the clue. I do think it's pointless though, the clue is absolutely meaningless to me.

Eva and I had Professor Ashley to help us solve it, but even she has no clue what it's about.

Eva and I practise spells as much as we could. We don't have lessons at Hogwarts. Of course, we're allowed to join the Hogwarts classes, but we seldom do so. Rather, Eva and I stay in our living quaters and study ourselves. Sometimes we challenge each other into a duel or Professor Ashley comes around and teaches us some new stuff.

Charlotte sometimes comes around and we have a nice long chat. Pandora comes around as well, and I would sneak in some butterbeer or punch or even snacks from the kitchens and we would drink and chat.

As the second task comes near, I got more and more nervous. I just hope I can solve the clues in time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! IT'S 2016! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS SHORT CHAPTER ABOUT ADELINE!!

The clues would be updated soon. :)

~L