26. Rose's Birthday

Third Person POV

A month had past since they visited Hagrid and received the letter. Knowing the truth made their bond tighter than ever. They were best friends and nothing can seperate them. Suzanne Allen, who had grew close to Rose and Molly, hanged out with them a lot too.

They all excelled in their studies. Albus was best in Defence Against the Dark Arts, Rose was best in Transfiguration, Molly was best in Herbology, Suzanne was best in Potions and Scorpius was best in Charms. They often do their homework and study together.

Rose, like her mother, likes to stay in the library for a long time. Suzanne, who shares the same passion for books as Rose, always goes to the library with Rose, and Molly always follows.

Albus and Scorpius, often go and watch the Quidditch teams practise from the view of the common room.

Travis still followed them around but they ignored him.

It was Rose's birthday, and her friends had organised a small party in the first years girls dorm.

Suzanne and Molly organized everything. While Suzanne was responsible for the decorations and the party plan, Molly was responsible for the gifts and invitations. She invited all the Weasleys, the Gryffindors in their year, and the Professors in Hogwarts. She even persuaded Professor Flitwick to let her parents, godparents, Hugo, Lily and Lucy to attend. She even send some owls to make sure that the presents for Rose won't reach her that morning. Instead, it will be sent directly to the first year's boys dorm, where Albus and Scorpius will take care of them until the party.

The older Weasleys agreed to help decorate the dorm since they know more spells and charms.

That morning, Albus, Scorpius and Molly went down to breakfast with Rose as if nothing is special. Suzanne, meanwhile, was in the dorm with Victoire, Dominique and Roxanne. They decorated the dorm in no time and cast invisible charms on the decorations.

Rose, felt slightly disappointed that her friends didn't wish her happy birthday as if they had forgotten about it. She felt even bad when the owls came and there wasn't anything from her parents.

She couldn't concentrate in lessons, and was cranky as ever.

Suzanne and Molly rounded all the Gryffindors in their year right after the lessons and headed to the girls dorm immediately.

Rose, feeling down, trudged into the library herself.

Suzanne's POV

"Quick! Al! Get the presents here!" Molly ordered, "We don't know when will she come back! And there's still work to do!"

"How much time will we have?" our classmate, Bryony Franco, asked.

"Depends when she comes back, actually. But she usually stays in the library for at least half an hour, so," I answered.

We quickly setted everything. Fred Weasley even managed to persuade Professor Longbottom to let the house elves bake a birthday cake for us.

The house elf, Trixie, came in the dorm with the birthday cake. We placed the cake on the table Victoire Weasley conjured and lit the candles. The guests had all arrived. Now all we need is to wait for Lillian Erickson's signal, she's at the staircase, glancing to see if Rose is coming up or not.

We just finished all the decorations when Lillian burst in, "Quick! She's coming up!"

We quickly turned off the lights and held our breaths as the door creaked open.

Rose's POV

"Molly shall we go to the library together?" I asked.

"Nah, I have to find Professor Longbottom with Suzanne," Molly answered, "Sorry."

"Al, Scorp, what about you?" I asked.

"But there is Quidditch tonight!" Scorpius said.

"Fine, I'll go alone," I growled and stormed away, disappointed that they forget about my birthday.

I stepped into the library. I picked a book and sat down to read it. It was Advanced Transfiguration by Minerva McGonagall, who was the Headmistress before Professor Flitwick, and my parents' Transfiguration Professor and Deputy Headmistress.

After reading for a while in the library, I decided to borrow it. I walked up to the dorm and decided to have some sleep.

As I stepped in the common room and walked up the stairs, Lillian bolted in the dorm. I felt something was strange but I continued to go up the dorm anyways. I pushed the door open, it was dark, the lights were all out. Strange, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, the lights were all on! "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!!" everyone screamed.

I looked around, not only were my best friends and all the Gryffindors in our year were there, but all the Weasleys, the Gryffindor Quidditch team, all the Professors I knew were there! My parents, uncle Harry, aunt Ginny and aunt Luna were there! Lucy, Hugo and Lily came as well! I was thrilled! They remembered my birthday afterall!

I turned to Suzanne and Molly, and gave them a hug, "Did you organize this?"

"Yep," they said simultaneously.

"Thank you so much," I said.

They smiled.

Suzanne lead everyone and they sang happy birthday. Molly cut the cake. It was delicious. Black Forest Cake, my favourite.

We had a fabulous party, with lots of sweets and deserts. After that, the professors summoned two elves and they cleaned the place together, so that I could open the presents.

Dad and mum bought me another cat, it was a white she-cat. I love cats, cats are my all time favourite pet.

Suzanne and Molly got me bracelets. Albus, Scorpius and James bought me Quidditch Through the Ages. My godfather, uncle Harry, gave me a really beautiful phoenix feather quill which screamed expensive along with aunt Ginny. My godmother, aunt Luna, gave me a red rose hairclip with Professor Longbottom. Grandmother gave me one of those typical Weasley sweaters.

Everything started to leave when the professors stated is past curfew.

Bryony, Lillian, Suzanne, Molly and I partied in the room for one more hour. We played truth or dare and dared each other to go out into the corridor without getting caught by prefects, or asked each other about our private lives.

It was the best night at Hogwarts I ever had.