3. The Welcoming Speech

Professor Flitwick stood up on his chair so that he could see the whole Hall. "Welcome to Hogwarts! First years, I hope you will enjoy life in Hogwarts! I have to remind you that the Forbidden Forest is out of bounds. The Quidditch season will begin in November. Third years, please hand in your Hogsmeade reply slips to Professor Sinistra, our new deputy headmistress and Head of Hufflepuff."

The Hufflepuff students immedaitely broke into cheers for Professor Sinistra. It was a while before Professor Flitwick raised his hands for silence.

"Also, I would like you to welcome this year's head prefects, our Head Boy, Fred Weasley from Gryffindor, and our Head Girl, Victoire Weasley, also from Gryffindor. I would also like to introduce you our new Head of Gryffindor, Professor Longbottom."

Thunders of appluase came from the Gryffindor House. The Gryffindors cheered for the kind Herbology Professor and the head prefects.

"And that's all for now, so tuck in!" said Professor Flitwick. They were clatters of plates as the food was served.

After the feast, the prefects started rounding up the first years, "Do
you know the prefects?" asked Travis asked Albus, Rose, Molly and Scorpius.

"Well, in fifth year, the girl is my cousin Dominique, I don't know the boy though. Sixth year, the girl is my cousin as well, it's Roxanne, and the boy is..." Rose answered.

"Stephen Allen," Albus answered, "James told me."

"Who's James?" Travis continued to ask.

"My older brother in third year, Gryffindor," Albus answered, starting to sound impatient.

"Where is he? Can I meet him now?" Travis asked excitedly.

"Honestly! Travis! When are you going to stop asking questions?" Scorpius asked rather irritably.

Molly and Rose giggled. "FYI, the prefect boy in fifth year is Franklin Bright," Albus said.

They followed the prefects towards the Gryffindor Tower, The Fat Lady was at the door, "Password?"

"Shebert Lemon!" Fred answered at the front.

The Fat Lady swung forward to accept them.

They reached the spiral staircase which seperates the boys and the girls.

"Boys, follow me! Girls, follow Dominique!" Franklin shouted the orders.

They said goodbye as Albus and Scorpius turned left and Molly and Rose turned right.

Albus and Scorpius reached their dorm, all their trunks were already there. They changed into their pajamas and went to bed.