03. carlos is petty, mal approves, evie judges

Start from the beginning

He looked back at Jay, and smiled warmly at him. Jay smiled as well, looking down at his fingers and fiddling with his fingers, the smile still lingering.

Butterflies.

•••

IT WAS LUNCH time, and Carlos had taken Jay by the arm when he had announced he wasn't hungry.

"You don't have to eat anything," Carlos said, trying his very best to pull Jay into the cafeteria, "You just have to meet my friends!"

Finally, Jay gave up and started walking along with Carlos, entering the cafeteria and going into the line.

"Thought you weren't hungry." Carlos said, smirking.

Jay turned his head towards him, "Shutup, Frosty."

Carlos dropped his smirk and rolled his eyes, going in line with Jay and grabbing a tray. Quickly, they grabbed their food and walked out of the line.

As they reached the usual table that Mal, Evie, and Carlos sat at, someone stopped them.

"Carlos!" Benjamin shouted, standing up.

Jay snapped his head his way and gave him a death glare, causing Benjamin to sit back down in his seat, frowning.

Carlos sat down in front of Evie, gesturing for Jay to sit down in front of Mal as well. Carlos smiled at the girls. "Mal, Evie, this is Jay. The one I was talking about earlier today." Carlos motioned towards Jay.

"Aww," Jay cooed, "You talked about me, Frosty? I feel so special." Jay pinched at Carlos's cheeks, making Carlos blush.

"Frosty?" Mal said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's what I call him."

"Why?" Evie asked.

"Because of his hair." Jay glanced at it. He placed his hands in his hair and ran his fingers through it gently, untangling the small knots that were formed in his hair. "You really need to brush this."

Carlos pressed onto the hand and let Jay continue to pet his hair.

Mal was trying to hold back her laughter and Evie was raising in eyebrow.

"Anyways," Evie announced, making them both stop, "You are the Jay that Carlos was talking about this morning. What's so special about you?" She folded her hands and rested her chin on top of it.

Jay stopped petting Carlos's hair and Carlos whined, his puppy dog eyes showing as he whined for Jay to pet him again.

"Well," Jay began, "I'm the one who's gonna help him get revenge on Benjamin for cheating on him for two years."

"I like this one. Carlos, you got a keeper, don't drag him away with all your nerdy stuff." Mal pointed a finger at him.

Carlos nodded and gave her a small salute. "Yes, ma'am."

Mal nodded at him as approval and continued to eat her lunch.

Evie furrowed her brows and leant into Mal's ear. "He needs a haircut." She whispered quiet enough so that Jay wouldn't hear her say it.

Mal rolled her eyes to the back of her head in a way that seemed violent. "Shutup, you need to dye your hair back to brown. Seriously, you look like a blueberry." She spat while chewing through her food, pointing at her hair that was left braided over night.

Evie glared and grabbed her fork, dangling it in the air. "Whatever."

"Truthfully, I think your hair looks nice in that type of color." Jay told her, pointing at her hair.

Evie perked up and smiled. "Thank you. You know, I think you and I are gonna be good friends."

Jay chuckled. "I still heard the part of you saying I need a haircut."

Evie's smiled dropped and her cheeks turned red as Mal and Carlos tried to hold back their laughs.

•••

ayo!

sorry the ending kinda sucked, sometimes i just let my hands do the writing so that's why it ends like that....

anyways, we have two new books in the process so be prepared!!

until next time jaylosers!

-ALINA♡