Chapter Thirty Three

Start from the beginning

•••••••

Bernice "B" Burgos

I flushed the toilet and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. The past couple of weeks, I hadn't been feeling too well and I later found out that I was pregnant. My stomach wasn't really that big but I was pretty far along for one to not be able to tell.

The doctor said that the baby would be tiny but was otherwise very healthy.

I grabbed my iPad after washing my hands and clicked on Instagram. Rolling my eyes, I just stared at the picture of Drake and Kennedy. He had posted it for Throwback Thursday and it irked my soul that he honestly thought that she was the love of his life.

I was in her position once, I was his everything supposedly but we played too many games with each other and we never got serious. Honestly I just wanted to know what she had that I didn't, what made her so special? She was well known around the New York area, just as I was. She had a bad ass body, but mine was just as bad.

It didn't matter anyway because I needed to make some moves. He won't just leave me high strung on him and now pregnant with no consequences. I didn't know just yet how I was going to tell him, but I knew I had to. That's right, I thought as I stared at Kennedy, I'm gonna wipe that pretty little smile right off of your face.

•••••
Kennedy Onika "Nicki" Maraj

"I swear, your pregnancy has made you even more beautiful," Aubrey said to me as I laid on top of him

"I swear, your pregnancy has made you even more beautiful," Aubrey said to me as I laid on top of him. All I had on was a Nike sports bra and my matching yoga pants. I rested my arms on his shoulders and smiled before laying my head on his chest. I wasn't even that far along and I was already starting to feel the uncomfortableness of my pregnancy. However, laying on top of him was perfect. "Thank you,"

We hadn't really talked about the living situations because though we agreed to try to compromise, we both were really stubborn. However, he had a couple of open houses scheduled for us to attend.

Drake paused the game he was playing I guess and tossed his remote to the side. He picked up his phone, and I watched as the 862 area code flashed across the screen, which belonged to a New Jersey resident. I watched as he placed his thumb on the red circle, ending the call and sat the phone back beside him.

"Who was that, you could've answered that". He shook his head, "You know I don't answer unknow numbers Ken, don't start".

I rolled my eyes, "Let me see the phone".

"For what? There isn't anything in there Ken, I swear".

"If there isn't anything in there, let me see it", I said while quickly reaching over him to snatch the phone.
"Chill out", he said while trying to take the phone but I quickly snatched away.

"What's your passcode"? I asked after multiple failed attempts. "It's twelve-zero-eight". I rolled my eyes, entering the numbers that matched my birth date.

Just as I entered the phone, a text message from the 862 area code appeared. Aubrey watched me as I clicked the text message, which read:

Hey Aub, it's me... B.. Hit me up when you have time. It's important.

I locked the phone after reading the message, laying it next to Aubrey. "Who is B"?

He shrugged, "I think an old friend, it might be Bernice". I rolled my eyes, "I hope it's not the Bernice that came into my fucking salon. The bitch who kept giving me the side eye. I knew that I knew bitch from somewhere, I knew it".

He looked at me, "She came into your salon"?

"Yes, I did her hair. I knew I should've burned that bitch's scalp, I knew it".

"Chill Ken, Ima handle it".

I rolled my eyes, "She shouldn't be texting you in the first place".