Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

She glanced down at the ring for a few seconds before opening her mouth, which was quite understandable. "Of course, I wouldn't imagine being anyone else's wife except yours". Without hesitation, I took the ring from the box and put it onto her left ring finger. It felt so surreal, I felt like a little kid in a candy store. Out of the variety of things you could choose from, I've made my mind up and chose her.

This ring wasn't like the other I'd given her as a gift, though they both belonged to my grandmother. This ring was actually worn by my grandmother as a symbol of her unity with my grandfather, and she wanted me to continue the legacy with my wife.
I'd never even imagined giving this ring to anyone, or even getting married until I met Kennedy. She was something special, and I felt that when I went to see Bubby.

"I know this isn't the ideal proposal, but I've been thinking about this for some time. Today is your birthday and I just couldn't wait any longer".
She looked at me for a moment, placing a kiss on lips. "I appreciate everything you do Brey, this couldn't be more ideal".

•••••

I stepped into the foyer of my Calabasas home, smelling the scent of weed and other things. I heard music coming from the kitchen and saw miscellaneous things on the floor as I walked through the hall way. This was a big reason why Kennedy could not live here while raising my child, it was too much of a party palace.

"What the fuck is all this shit man"? I asked OB and Ryan as they leaned against the kitchen counter. "We threw a crazy ass party last night, should've been here. Bitches were everywhere, I mean they were deep".

I sarcastically clapped as Chubbs walked into the kitchen, "We come back to this, thanks niggas".  He said to OB and Ryan, referring to the mess they'd let happen. "They had a fucking party". I said, shaking my head as I threw away a few of the red solo cups that were everywhere.

OB chuckled, "When did you become so upset about parties, I thought that Aubrey was the life of the party". Ryan smirked, "He's about to be father, Kennedy got him changing for the better".

OB laughed, "Everything just happened so fast man. I could've swore you just met her at the club, and she dissed your ass". I threw up both of my middle fingers, flicking him off, "It's almost been a year, shit changed".

After a while of goofing around with the guys for a bit, it was time to get back to business. I didn't want to leave Kennedy a day after her birthday and our proposal, but I had a few things to settle in California. I wanted her to come out here with me and possibly see about a few homes and buildings, but she had some type of meeting for her company.

On my end, I wanted nothing more than success for her company but I felt like California was the place for us. The homes were beautiful and Los Angeles is the ideal place for a celebrity hair salon, especially for someone who has already had her hands in the business for a while. I was willing to compromise for the sake of our relationship, but there was a high possibility that California would be our ultimate decision.

"I've been going back and forth for a while, but I've finally got the plans for the tour". Oliver said, walking into my home office with a stack of papers.

"Talk to me".

"We announce the tour dates and in the midst of everything, you and Future drop the tape. You got your previous albums, the tape with Future, and the announcement of the new OVO collection. The people are going to go crazy, which would easily lead to sold out shows and a greater profit all around".