Channing Tatum

I curled my hair slowly and sprayed every five or so curls to make sure they would stay. I was being careful not to burn myself, but I was pretty shaky from my nervousness. I mean, who wouldn't be when you're going on a date with Channing Tatum. THE Channing Tatum. I couldn't believe it myself, but it was actually happening. Of course, to me, he was just Channing.. I knew before the whole world-famous thing, and it still makes me laugh that he's famous now. Actually, we were best friends before all of this. But he asked me out when he got back from rehearsing some

new movie, when we both realized how we felt. I still remembered that day, him getting off the plane and running into my arms. We stood and looked into each others eyes for a moment, and then he kissed me. Right there. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. This is our first official date ever, and knowing the press, they will be taping every step we take, and I want to make a good impression. Besides, I'm just a nobody. The press has seen me with him before since we're so close, and we've kissed before, but I know they'll take this opportunity to stalk us since it's a proper date where we'll be alone. I don't want to disappoint Channing, so I have to be perfect. 
He arrives at 5:00 to pick me up. "Hi there, Y/N." I kiss him at the door and we're off. "Where are we going?" I ask excitedly. "Out to dinner first, then I was thinking my house?"

I smile. "Sounds perfect to me." I squeeze his hand as he drives, and we get talking. When we reach the restaurant, he helps me out of the car. Before entering, I look around cautiously. "What's wrong, babe?" He looks at me with concern. "...Do you think they're here? The paparazzi?" "Most likely." He grabs my hand and smirks. "Well, if they are, let's give them something nice to take a picture of." He puts his arms on my waist as I grin and throw mine around his neck. We share a passionate kiss, and I feel the butterflies in my stomach flutter away as I stand there locked with him. When we break off, he gives me a final kiss on the forehead and squeezes my hand to reassure me that everything will be okay. We walk into the restaurant together, now ready for anything. 
Funny I said ready for anything, because it seemed like everything went wrong. They couldn't find his reservation but offered to move us to the top of the list, therefore stealing the table of some rich guy, party of three. We kindly decline and decide to wait it out. One thing that was nice about the wait was that I got to sit close to Channing, leaning on his shoulder as he kept his arm wrapped around me. When a table finally opened up half an hour later, everything seemed to be okay. Sitting at a booth next to the window, I still had a feeling we were being watched, which caused me to spill ketchup on my jacket and fling soda into his eye. I was so embarassed and tried to help the stinging, but Channing merely laughed and kissed me on the nose. After make a fool of myself, we were having a good time and talking about his movie when we got our food. I found two flies in mine, and even though he asked the waiter beforehand who responded with a firm no, Channing was lucky enough to realize there was peanut oil in his before eating it, considering I was highly allergic. Finding the flies was embarassing as well; I started sipping my soup and spit it out onto-of course-Channing's shirt and the table. I apologized again, but he reassured me he could get it out in the wash. We got the manager and told him what we found, he told us that it was not their fault and we would still have to pay for the meal. This made absolutely no sense, of course, but we did it anyway. We both reassured the waiter that they would be receiving quite a few phone calls soon, and the manager replied with some vulgar language. Infuriated, we both left the restaurant. Channing opened the door to the car when I threw my head into my hands, ready to sob. "What's wrong, Y/N?" "I made a complete fool of myself, and now everyone will see. I can see the headline now: Channing Tatum's Date from Hell." He turned my head towards his, gazed deeply into my eyes, and leaned in to kiss me softly. "Y/N, you could've lit me on fire, and I would have still had an amazing time tonight. The important thing was I got to spend quality time with you. My best friend, and my girlfriend. THAT is what made this date perfect, and NOTHING could change that." "...Really?" "Really." He smiled at me. "But that doesn't mean you should try to light me on fire on our next date!" We laughed and I gave him a little push, which led to us pushing each other and giggling. He suddenly lifted me from the ground and held me like a baby, both of us still hysterical. He stared at me once again, and our lips locked once more. He put me down slowly and we reverted to the position we were in before entering the restaurant, his arms snaked around my waist and mine around his neck. When we finally pulled away, we got into the car. "So, off to my house? Maybe we can get some privacy there." He gave me a cheeky smile and a wink, and I couldn't help but laugh. We drove to his house and spent the rest of the date snuggled up on the couch and watching movies. I was just happy I was with my best friend, and the best boyfriend I could ever have. 
When the magazine came out one week later, I was terrified to look. Channing squeezed my hand and told me it was okay, so I braced for the worst and flipped to the right page. It was the main story, and it took up three pages. The headline read, Their First Date: Unstoppable Love. Underneath, the description read: How Channing's "Date From Hell" becomes a perfect night. The main pictures were us laughing in the booth, pushing each other and laughing outside, him talking to me about how the date wasnt ruined, and my favorite: us kissing outside of the restaurant. I couldn't tell if it was before or after, but it made me smile. The article talked about how the restaurant was horrible and I was "a bit clumsy, probably from the nerves of her first date with Channing Tatum" It also said that after I apologized for the date, Channing "told her it was perfect, and that her presence alone made his night." The best was the last few lines. "The two locked in another tight embrace before leaving the restaurant together, headed for his house. This date showed that these two are no ordinary couple; two people who can still love each other after something as horrid as that are meant to last." At this, I turned to Channing and kissed him. I could tell he took it as a shock, but he smiled through it. We stood there together, knowing that the article was right: we truly do love each other, and we're meant to last.