Why?

*~Marks POV ~*

"Y'know, they've been gone a long time." I say when there is a break in the conversation.
"Yeah, maybe they went home. Maybe the guard wouldn't let her come back." Wade suggests, taking another sip from his glass.
"I'll check the house. I'm tired anyway, see you guys later." I say as I stand up from the table and give a slight wave to the guys. They both wave back and then I make my way out of the pub. A few guys chase a female bartender and she shouts at them to stop.
"Hey, guys, stop it. It isn't cool to harass a woman, so either go home or go sit down. Either way, leave this girl alone." I say, intervening between the shouting. The men walk away back to their seats, obviously drunk from their lack of balance.
"Thanks, some guys don't have manners, but I'm glad some like you do." The woman says with a smile. She holds a few drinks in her hand and stares up at me.
"No problem, I gotta go though. But if they bother you again, just tell those two in the back. They'll help." I say, gesturing to Wade and Bob who laugh at something at the table.
"Okay, and thanks again." She says graciously before I nod and walk away. I get outside and the sun blinds my eyes, leaving me to only squint to adjust my eyes to the outside world.

I get to the house and finally, my eyes have adjusted to this light. I walk inside casually and the door is unlocked, as usual. I look around the house, slowly wandering my way towards different rooms.
"Hey! Violet! Jack!" I shout their names hoping that one of them will respond.
"Hey, why are you here?" Jack says as he jumps out of Violet's room and stares at me with a slightly worried expression.
"I was looking for you and I'm guessing Violet is here too?" I question, glancing around casually.
"No... I don't know where she is actually." Jack responds nervously. I turn my eyes back to him and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.
"What do you mean?" I ask curiously, not understanding how what he said was true.
"I... I was stupid... I broke up with her and basically called her a cheater. I don't know if I can forgive her or you, but I'm trying. I'm not mad though, don't worry." Jack says, his eyes darting around the room in a nervous way.
"Once again, I'm sorry. I didn't want things to turn out this way, but why did you say that? Did she do something, say something?" I question him curiously.
"Well... She was talking to that douche guard and her choice of words made me mad I guess. She called Shane her husband and I don't know, it bothered me and I don't know why. Then I told her that I didn't want to be a puppet with her, I don't want to be a second option, the guy she runs to when she needs a shoulder to cry on. I don't want that for me and I told her that and I took off my ribbon. Y'know, the one I told you about with our promise?" Jack asks. I nod my head lightly in response.
"Yeah, why'd you do that? She really loved that idea and now she doesn't have it." I state in a slightly angered and annoyed tone, but I control my anger. I need to and I will, I'm stronger than my feelings.
"I just... I remembered how it felt when I found out that she had cheated on me with you... I remembered all the sadness and rage I had and I don't want to go through that again. And when I heard her call Shane her husband... The thought crossed my mind again and I jumped to conclusions." Jack explains with a heavy sigh escaping his mouth.
"It's okay, I'm sure that you guys can work it out. But, do you know where she is, or where she went?" I question him, knowing how Violet gets about these things.
"I saw her run towards all those abandoned warehouses on the edge of town... But I have no idea where she went after that." Jack admits. I nod my head and start backing away towards the door.
"Thanks, I'll go looking. And Jack, I really am sorry, I never wanted for things to turn out like they did. I really did believe that we would die in that car, and I wasn't thinking about consequences. And that's not an excuse, just explaining things so that hopefully, we can really work this out and it can go back to how it was." I say sincerely, after all, Jack is a great friend and I always want him as one.
"Yeah, thanks. I hope that we can too, you're not a bad guy Mark." Jack says with a calm smile on his face.
"You're not either Jack, I'm glad to call you my friend." I say with a nod before I walk out of the house and start towards the warehouses to look for Violet.

I call her name again, and again I get no response. Maybe she just isn't here and went back to Shane's house. It wouldn't surprise me, it's starting to get cold out here. I walk along another street between a few buildings that tower over me. I then glance at the ground, looking for any sign of life and I actually find one. Small pieces of broken glass lie next to one building and a hole that looks like it used to be a window lies next to it. I kneal down, careful of the glass and look inside, shining my small flashlight to help me to see better. I see blood droplets covering the floor, and in the far corner a figure sits. I shine the light on them and immediately recognize them as Violet sitting, holding her legs close to her. I jump inside the building through the window and carefully walk on the ground as there is still a lot of glass.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" I question as I take off my jacket and wrap it around her just hoping it will help.
"Why did you come here?" She responds in a raspy voice and then I notice all the cuts she now had all over her body and her lips are turning a mix of purple and blue.
"To help you, are you feeling okay?" I question as I sit down next to her and wrap my arm around her shoulder, moving it in an attempt to warm her.
"I'm fine, I finally have my friends back." Violet says with a small smile going into her cracked lips.
"What friends? What do you mean?" I question her further.
"My friends, Lily and Kate. The only people I ever really needed." Violet mumbles and giggles to herself.
"Violet, you look like you're freezing to death and all these cuts... I need to take you to the hospital, all of this can't be good for you or Marisa." I say, staring at her with concern filling me completely.
"Who cares about what's good for me? I mean... Jack didn't when he left me and neither did you when you let me leave all those times. No one really cares about me, just this stupid kid!" Violet shouts and takes her hands off her legs, letting them stretch on the floor.
"That's not true. If I didn't care about you then why would I be looking for you the last three hours? If I didn't care about you, why would I have kissed you, and hugged you and told you that I loved you all this time? And, most of all, if I didn't care about you, then why would I feel safe when I'm around you and just love being with you, even if it isn't romantic?" I question her, rubbing my fingers over her cold skin, just wanting to warm it up again. Tears form in her eyes and quickly fall into her cheeks.
"I'm sorry Mark... I just get this way and I'm not sure why. I'm just hurt and I guess that because Jack didn't care about me anymore, I didn't care about myself either. Thanks for finding me Mark, but I just need to go home right now. I'm sure Shane is worried about me and I'm tired anyways." Violet says as she slowly pushes herself up to her feet and leans most of her weight on the wall.
"I can walk you home if you want, I've got nothing better to do." I say as I move my arm so that she can easily lean on me for support.
"Okay. Thanks Mark." She says as she almost falls onto me and takes a step forward.