Hanging Out

We arrive at the pub and I'm already sweating form the journey over here. Jack slams his fist on the door, opening it in a swift motion to allow us to get inside. He holds it open for me and I see his eyes scan the room, stopping on a place in the corner. I move my eyes to see what he was looking at and see the guys sitting around a table. They laugh and all have drinks in front of them, even Mark. Jack and I bolt towards them, trying to get the attention of one of them at our entrance.
"Hey, what's the rush?" Wade chuckles, pulling out a chair. I grab the bottle in front of Mark and pull it away from him in an angry way.
"Aye, what are you doing?" Mark questions me in a shocked tone.
"If you drink you can die." I state sternly, puting the bottle behind my back.
"It isn't alcohol, we made sure of that. It's a diet coke, just look at the label." Bob says, leaning his elbow on the table. I put the bottle in front of me and read the red and white label showing that Bob was correct. I feel my face get warm in embarrassment and put the bottle back down where it had been before.
"Sorry. All Jack told me was that you guys were going to a pub and-"
"It's fine, thanks for looking out for me." Mark interrupts me, as if my action was completely rational. My face feels hot just at his statement, more embarrassment coming over me I guess.
"No problem... Anyways, I should be heading home, I shouldn't be drinking either." I say with a small chuckle as I start turning away from them.
"Hey, you can stay for a while. You don't have to drink alcohol just by being here." Wade says.
"Yeah, you'd be the perfect drinking buddy for me." Mark chuckles as he grabs a chair and pulls it towarfs the table.
"I guess I can stay for a little while... Unless this is some weird guy thing between you." I giggle as I sit down at the table.
"Why would I want a guy thing with these weirdos?" Jack chuckles as he leans on the table.
"Like you would be cool enough to join even if we had one." Wade chuckles back as he takes a sip from his glass.
"Wade, I think you're the one we wouldn't let join." Bob corrects him with a chuckle that just makes everyone at the table laugh. I'm not sure if we laugh at his joke, or his silly laugh, but I enjoy it either way.
"Aye, waiter!" Jack says to a man who looks busy as he runs around the pub, but he stops and looks down at Jack.
"Yes sir?" He questions, moving his weight on his feet in an anxious manner.
"Can I have a Guinness? And this young lady wants... Uh, what do you want?" Jack questions, moving his attention to me.
"Oh, I'll have a sprite if you have that." I say in a nervous tone fron being put on the spot so quickly. The waiter nods and rushes back to the counter where many people lie next to glasses. I guess that to some, it's never too early to start drinking, especially during an apocalypse.
"So, how's the new house?" Bob questions me, making my attention go away from the drunk people at the counter.
"Oh, it's good. Really fancy, but I think it'll be nice." I admit with a nod and a smile.
"I'll have to see it soon, I've only seen the outside of it and I love it already." Bob says happily, taking a sip from his glass afterwards.
"It is really nice, lots if stairs though, which is my only complaint so far." Jack chuckles. The waiter comes by and places two glasses in front of Jack and I, nodding before he rushes away once more. I stare down at my glass and see the bubbly liquid which is sprite. I haven't had it in so long, and it will be nice to try to calm my stomach pains for today with it. Jack takes a large gulp from his glass and sets it down as he laughs loudly.
"Still tatses like home. Drunk and obnoxious." Jack chuckles as he wipes his mouth with the sleave of his shirt.
"I think that's just your personality. What are you talking about 'home'?" Bob questions him with a laugh.
"I thought you said you had a tolerance to alcohol, but are you drunk already?" Mark chuckles.
"No way man. I can probably drink 10 times the amount all of you can." Jack says, crossing his arms in a way of satisfaction.
"I'm not doubting it." Wade says. "My tolerance if pretty low." He adds with a sigh.
"Most things about you are pretty low Wade... For example, your intelligence, your looks, your standards... All pretty low." Bob says with a small laugh at his joke. Wade chuckles and shakes his head. It has always been the inside joke that Wade is some type of bad guy, when in reality we all know how humble he is.
"I think that you mean anyone who dares talk to him has low standards." Mark chuckles back.
"True." Bob says with a laugh.
"Man, my friends are the best." Wade chuckles.
"Here, to Wade! The best friend we all have!" Jack says, putting his glass in the middle for a toast.
"Awe, thanks Jackaboy." Wade says as he puts his glass up to collide with the rest if the guys' and mine. I take a sip from my glass after the toast and let the bubbles sizzle in my throat for a few moments before swallowing. I lean back in my chair to relax better and let out a sigh of relief of sorts.
"This is cool, that we're all just hanging out again." Mark says, I guess he was thinking exactly what I was too.
"Yeah, it's nice to hang and relax with you guys again." Bob says calmly, leaning back in his chair and stretching happily. I smile lightly and lean on the table before taking another sip from my glass.
"I never did find out who's taking my house..." I say, glancing at the guys awaiting a response.
"Well, we're sharing it for now. However, I'm already looking for my own place." Wade responds as he picks up his glass and plays with it, stirring it with his straw.
"I might end up keeping it, but I haven't looked at any others yet so I can't say for sure." Mark informs me with a light shrug of his shoulders.
"I just hope one of you keep it, I had to beg for it at the time I got it." Jack chuckles.
"Oh shut up, all you had to do was mention my name and you'd own the house." I say with a laugh. Everyone at the table giggles and I take another sip from my glass. We all laugh and tell jokes, just talking and having fun like normal people used to. However it is all broken when I hear my name being shouted from across the room.