I Needed That

"I'm just in a bad mood, sorry." I say as I wipe a tear that suddenly comes from my eye.
"What happened?" Wade questions as he leans on the bat of his bed and gives me a confused look.
"I talked to Mark and we had a fight. I'm having Jack take him back to my house and get him settled. I just can't talk to him right now, our fight was pretty rough." I explain as another tear drips from my eye. "Sorry, I'm such a baby." I say with a small laugh as I wipe the tear almost instantly when I realized it was there.
"Don't worry, I don't judge. Anyway, what'd he say?" Wade questions, change the topic only slightly.
"He said that I always left when he needed me and that I wasn't going to be a good mother. He told me that our child will need at least one good parent so I should marry Jack." I say with a slightly annoyed tone when I speak, after all, I'm not very happy about any of it.
"He didn't mean it. He has told me that he thinks you'll be one of the best mother's and that he wants to be a father. And that, to me, shows that he will be a good father, I mean you have to want something to have it." Wade explains, he pauses for a moment before continuing. "As for the part that you leave him, that is only a little true. He has only told me one realistic time that he needed your shoulder to cry on. It was when you guys got back from being trapped and you ran back to Jack. That was really hard for him, but I'm sure he's over it now." Wade says with a small smile that is a little comforting.
"He brought it up when he told me that actually." I say as another tear comes from my eye. I wipe this one like I did the others and I focus my eyes on the wall, hoping that no more tests will come.
"Listen, even though I always saw it to be you and Jack together, I think that you and Mark can make it. You both just have to want it and right now, I don't think either of you do. But, I never did ask you, who do you want, and this is not a final answer at all. It can stay between us if you want." Wade explains with a comforting smile on his face. I nod in response and look back in his direction.
"Right now, I want Mark to at least forgive me and for Jack and I to at least stay friends. I still have no idea who I want to be with, neither are really good options in my opinion... Right now at least." I explain with a nod to finish off my sentence.
"Marl doesn't hate you and he already forgives you, even if he doesn't admit it. I know him well enough to know that, and Jack, he'll be there whenever you need him. He's always been a good friend, and it'll stay that way no matter your decision." Wade tells me in a tone that is honest and stern at the same time in a way.
"Yeah, I don't doubt either of those things..." I say, trailing off as my mind starts getting lost in my inner thoughts.
"Then what is it?" Wade questions.
"It's just... I don't want to hurt either of them because they both care and I know that whoever I end up choosing... The other one will hate me... And I don't know if I can forgive myself for doing that to either if them." I explain in a hushed voice, more saying it to myself than Wade, but I'm sure he listened.
"Neither of them will hate you. Like I said, Jack can be a great friend to you and Mark cares too much to hate you. Especially after all that you two have gone through, he can't hate you." Wade says comfortingly, trying to change my thoughts. I nod my head lightly.
"Well, we should get out of here before they make you stay another day." I chuckle as I stand from my seat to help Wade get up. I let him grab my arm for balance as he slowly gets up to his feet and is able to stand.
"Need any help walking?" I question as I look up to actually see Wade's face ad he is very tall.
"No, I'll be fine don't worry. Just lead me to wherever I'm going." Wade says with a small child-like giggle escaping his mouth.
"Shane ordered for all of you guys to stay with me for now. He said it was because he doesn't know you guys well and technically I was the one who brought you here so it's only fair. So, you guys get to stay with me until I decide where to kick you to." I joke with a small chuckle. Wade smiles at my joke and follows me out of the hospital room with me holding the door for him. He looks at everything in a shocked and interested way as we walk. The sight just shows how childish these guys really are. When we arrive at the front desk once more the same woman is working.
"I'm checking out Wade B. I gave you the paperwork earlier so I'm sure it won't be a problem." I say casually, letting Wade walk up so he stands next to me now.
"Not at all Miss Violet. Three of the four have now been checked out. And please don't forget that you have your next appointment in two days from today at 4:45 PM." The woman says as he writes a few more things down on her papers on her desk that seem very unorganized. However, that could just be because I don't work here so I don't understand it all.
"Okay, I'll see you later then." I say as I open the door and hold it open for Wade to pass through. Once he passes and we get out of the hospital, Wade has kept a small grin on his face.
"Okay, what's so funny?" I question as I start to walk us towards my home where Wade will be staying.
"Well, Miss Violet, why don't you tell me?" Wade says with a bright smile and laughs coming from his mouth. I roll my eyes and just keep walking, trying to ignore the comment.
"I don't know, they just call me that to be polite or whatever." I explain in an annoyed tone.
"It's hilarious, I'm gonna start calling you that from now on."Wade says as he continues to laugh and almost falls onto the ground, but I don't catch him at all.
"Good job Mr. Clumsy." I say. "I should've told them that was your name." I mumble under my breath and giggle to myself at the thought.
"Did you say something Miss Violet?" Wade questions with another laugh coming from his mouth at his dumb comment. I roll my eyes once more and just continue to walk down the road with Wade following behind me.