New Friends

~*Violets POV*~

Finally dawn comes and sunlight comes through the trees above me. Maddie's friend finally wakes up and yawns. His eyes instantly focus on me.
"Who might you be?" I then realize he has a thick British accent.
"She's a surviver, her name is Violet. She is looking for friends, like both of us." Maddie speaks for me.
"Well, its very nice to meet such a lovely surviver as yourself. I'm Emmet." He says extending his hand for me to shake. I shake his hand lightly, before we let go Emmet leans and kisses my hand lightly. I realize blush is on my cheeks, but I try to smile through it.
"So, what now?" Maddie asks staring down at Emmet. I examine Emmets style and features. He has short, red hair and freckles covering his face. He has a small amount of scruffy beard covering his face. His clothes are stained with dirt, grime and specks of blood, just as mine were before I got new ones.
"Well, might I ask a quick question?" Emmet asks, his bright green eyes fixed on me.
"Sure." I respond.
"Maddie said you were searching for friends. Who might they be?" Emmet asks curiously. I sigh, not knowing how to describe them.
"They protected and helped me. They said they would come looking in the morning, but I'm sure they went out already." I explain with a small laugh. "They sound pretty loyal." Emmet says with a soft smile.
"They have been, as long as I've known them." I say.
"I know people like that, but we got separated by an explosion. I'm not even sure if they're alive, but I still hope for the best." Emmet says with a sigh escaping his mouth.
"I'm sorry, I wish you the best of luck to find them alive." I say sincerely.
"Thank you, but I have Maddie telling me that every day." Emmet chuckles, changing the mood entirely.
"You sound like you don't enjoy it." Maddie chuckles back at him.
"Well, I don't enjoy being pitted, as you have been." Emmet says.
"That's not true. I take your stuff all the time, does that sound like pity?" Maddie asks.
"You're so complicated." Emmet responds with a laugh. I laugh slightly at his joke with Maddie joining me.
"Anyways, we should get going soon." Maddie responds glancing at me.
"I need to carve into a tree for my friends first." I say before Emmet can answer.
"Okay. Go ahead. We need to pack up anyways." Emmet chuckles grabbing a few items around him and putting them into bags. I turn to a nearby tree and start to carve a septic eye wearing a one of Marks mustaches. I think they'll understand it was me either way. As I am finishing up my carving I feel a tap on my shoulder. I lower my knife slowly and turn my head. I see Maddie standing behind me.
"Hey, can I sit here for a sec?" She asks. I nod lightly.
"Go ahead." I say moving a bit for her to fit. Maddie smiles lightly and sits next to me.
"So, last night, you said you can hunt. Emmet and I have been running low on food lately, I was just wondering if you could help?" Maddie asks with a smile crossing her face.
"Sure. I'm gonna finish this first, then I can hunt for a while." I respond with a smile.
"Thanks so much. We should be leaving soon." Maddie responds standing up and beginning to walk back to the campsite. I begin to carve once more in to the tree, finishing my design for them to find me. I finally finish carving my finishing touches and sigh heavily. I grab my crossbow off my back and load it with an arrow.
"I'm gonna hunt, I'll be back in a bit." I call to Maddie.
"Okay. See you soon!" She calls back. I walk into the forest, letting the smell and sight of nature consume me. I scan the area around me with my eyes, looking for any signs of animals. I find a few tracks that look like dear or elk. I follow them down to a stream where I see a dear drinking the flowing water below. I quietly hide behind a tree and aim my crossbow at its head. I carefully check my aim, putting my finger in the trigger and pulling it. The dear collapses instantly next to the running stream. I go down the hill and start to carry the animal back to our camp. When I arrive, Maddie's eyes widen extremely.
"Wow. Need some help?" Maddie asks, shock in her voice.
"Yeah, we need to chop it into smaller pieces so we can carry it easier." I explain dropping the dear onto a log. I pull out my knife with an extra that I give to Maddie. I look up at her, she looks confused and scared.
"Have you done this before?" I ask.
"Not exactly."
"Just... Try to follow my lead, I can explain this as we go along." I say. Maddie nods in response. I begin to cut into the dear and explain every cut and dagger movement I make. I let Maddie do some of the work, but I do most of it. When we finish I pack half of the meat in my bag and the rest into Maddie's.
"Well, we should be off. The scouts come around here any moment." Emmet says, his eyes scanning the area in worry.
"The scouts?" I question, confusion filling my face.
"They come from The Serene, they kidnap people to work for them." Emmet explains. I guess those are the people who took me.
"Yeah, we should leave." Maddie agrees putting her bag over her shoulder. I do the same in one movement, grabbing my crossbow in hand, ready to use at any moment. Emmet, Maddie and I walk in the forest, trying to find a town or place to explore or stay for the night.
"So, you never told me if you are dating one of your 'friends'." Emmet states.
"You never asked." I respond honestly with a laugh escaping my mouth.
"Well, I guess I will now. Are you dating any of them?" Emmet questions with a laugh.
"I was, but I wasn't being loyal. I broke up with both of them because I couldn't choose just one. So, I am being just friends with them to male my decision easier." I explain, remembering every moment they told me to choose.
"Interesting. They must be pretty dreamy if you can't choose." Emmet chuckles.
"I guess so." I chuckle back at him.
"I would know, considering I'm bisexual." Emmet chuckles. "I can take whichever one you don't end up choosing." He adds with a few laughs. I roll my eyes at his comment and let out a few laughs.
"I didn't know you were interested in guys." I chuckle.
"You learn things every day." Emmet responds, laughing at his every word. I roll my eyes once more.
"I guess so, but I don't know if they're interested in you." I chuckle.
"Everyone is interested in me, just like I am in them."
"I'm not interested, just so you know."
"I don't think I believe you."
"Well, you should. I don't lie about these things."
"Don't worry, you'll get interested soon. I haven't rubbed off on you yet." Emmet laughs at his joke.
"Kids, stop talking for a second. I think there is a Z up ahead." Maddie says, her eyes focused on movement a few feet away.
"I'll take care of it. Then I'll hear you say that you're still not interested." Emmet chuckles taking out a small pistol with a silencer on it. He takes aim at the Eater and pulls the trigger, causing it to collapse instantly.
"Still not interested?" Emmet asks putting away his gun and turning to me.
"You kidding me? I could do that." I chuckle back at him.
"I'll take you on that. Next one we see." Emmet says. I shrug my shoulders lightly.
"Okay." I respond. We continue walking until we arrive at a small town through the trees. We all stop walking next to the roads.
"We should explore and find a place to stay." Maddie announces.
"Okay. I'll go through this part of town." I say pointing to a place next to me.
"Okay. Meet back here when you're done." Emmet says with a nod.
"Alright. See you soon." I say as I start towards a building.