Relaxation

~*Violets POV*~

I sit on my bed and start searching through my bag for food. I have never minded being hungry, but now I can't be hungry. For my child's sake. I try to find something healthy because that would probably be better for me right now. I grab a large can of carrots and open the can quickly. I take a few of them in my fingers and eat them all in a sense of hunger. I lay back in my bed, exhausted and sleep deprived. I close my eyes to try to fall asleep, but end up just laying in the bed to think. I rest my hands on my stomach to cradle my child in a soothing way, more for myself than my unborn child's. I sigh heavily at the thought. I really am pregnant at 17. The one thing I never thought would be a stereotype about is actually the only stereotype I have. I suddenly remember that I forgot completely about something, I haven't even left a signal for the guys. I am terrible sometimes, but I have a reason to be distracted right now. I grab a knife from my combat boot and get off my bed. I open the door to my room and am greeted with Emmet standing right outside of it.
"Oh, hey. What's up?" I ask with a soft smile.
"I just wanted to tell you that Maddie and I are going to Mame sandwiches if you want one." Emmet informs me with a smile creep to his face. I don't blame his excitement, it has been so long since I've had normal food like that.
"Oh, yeah. I'd love that. Can you make me one? I'm gonna carve for my friends to find me." I say leaning on my doorframe casually. Emmet nods and moves out of my way.
"No problem. It'll be ready when you get back." He says with a nod. I nod my head in return and head outside the doors. I then turn back to the wall and stab my knife into the wooden surface. I start to carve Jacks small septic eye's shape and tail. Once I finish I move on to making the iris of the eye and then, of course, the pupil of the eye. I sigh in exhaustion, which is very strange for me. I decide to make the eye wear Marks mustache and carve it on top. I drag my knife across the mustache gently to make it filled in. I heave out, with complete exhaustion hitting me like a boulder. I decide to go back inside to eat and rest a bit more. I walk around the hotel a little more to look for Emmet and Maddie and find them in a kitchen-like area. They stand side by side putting finishing touches on the sandwiches. I wave to them once I walk in.
"Hi. I finished leaving the sign." I tell them both while I sit down on a nearby stool to rest.
"Well, your sandwich is done. Hope you don't mind Mayo." Maddie says handing me a sandwich that had been sitting next to her. I can't help my grin from spreading on my face. I take from her giving her a smile of gratitude.
"Thanks, and I happen to like Mayo just fine." I respond ad I take a bite of the delicious food. I taste all of the familiar flavors explode in my mouth. I savor every second of eating the sandwich, only now realizing how much I've missed eating this kind of food. As I finish it up I see Emmet and Maddie gulping down their sandwiches at quick paces. They finish at about the same time I did and grin at the tastes.
"That was amazing, thanks so much." I thank them graciously.
"No problem." Emmet and Maddie answer in unison. I suddenly hear a faint sound if breaking glass of some kind. I tilt my head in confusion and look over at the others.
"Well, that's not normal." Emmet states, his accent thickening near the end of his sentence.
"No, its not." I agree standing from my stool to grab a weapon. I grab my knife off the counter and arm myself in a ready position. I hear the sound again, but a few times in a row. Why would someone be breaking glass randomly? It just doesn't make any sense. I hear a faint banging noise on what sounds to be some type of metal and then no more sounds.
"Wanna to on a trip?" I ask approaching the front door slowly.
"Sure." Maddie answers with both if them following close behind me with knives as well. I slowly open the front door, cautious of my every movement. My eyes dart around the area, scanning everything I see instantly.
"Where did it come from?" Emmet asks, looking around with me.
"It sounded far away... Kinda." Maddie answers. We walk around the town careful not to be seen or heard by anyone who may be out here. We step slowly and quietly in case these people are harmful in any way. We reach the edge of the block we've been on and decide to look ahead before we continue.
"I'll check. Stay back." Emmet demands standing just at the edge of the building for cover. He moves his head slowly and silently to looks around. He quickly pulls his head back behind the building.
"What is it?" I ask him in a whisper. Emmet turns his head towards me in a swift movement.
"There are people there. A guy who looked pretty upset and another one who was talking to him." Emmet explains. I nod to process all of the information.
"They can't be too harmful, plus we have weapons. Let's go." I say gesturing my head forward for us to continue around the building. Emmet nods and steps around the building slowly. I follow him, eyeing the edge of the building with every step. I stay alert and careful of these survivers. Who knows what they are capable of and what they've done? I know that people have gone insane from being alone in the woods, and that was before there was zombies involved. I can't imagine how bonkers some people are now. At least I haven't gone crazy yet, but then again I was already. I had voices in my head and was taken to an insane asylum. I think that might be a reason I take all this so well while some others don't. Emmet steps carefully around the corner with my feet following his every movement. I hold my knife in a defensive manner just in case I need to use it here. I step around the building and that's when I see them. Mark and Wade stand only a few feet away from me now. I drop my knife in shock and cover my mouth with my hand. Tears come to my eyes in joy at the sight.
"Mark!" I shout, my voice cracking as I say his name. Marks eyes dart to see me. Wade turns to see me too and smiles at me. That's when I start to run for them. God, I've missed them.