Chapter 52

(3 months later) Tim POV: It was early, about 7am on a saturday. As I lay here holding Faith in my arms, I realized that I am completely happy with my life, I wouldn't change it for the world. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the families of the soldiers that I watched get killed. I feel selfish in a way because I have my family here, and they have me. But the families of the soldiers didn't get so lucky. The thoughts an memories still haunt me. I wish I could know the names of those guys, so maybe I could track down their families and try to help them. I looked over and watched Faith as she sleeped. She looks so peacful, probably lost in a dream. I leaned my head down to kiss her forehead and she started to wake up. She groaned a little. "You know, it's kinda creepy to wake up to someone staring at you." She said with a smile. I laughed. "Well honey, it's kinda hard not to stare at you when you look so beautiful." I said. She smiled again and rolled her eyes. "I love you." She said. I brushed her hair away from her face and kissed her. "I love you too." I said. My stomach started to growl. "My healthy appetite sure knows how to ruin a moment." I said and she laughed. "What do you say to pancakes this morning for breakfast?" She said. "I say that sounds perfect!" I said. We both got up and went to the kitchen. "Baby, I'm gonna go check the mail real quick." I said to Faith. "Ok." She said. I went and got the mail and started flipping through it as I walked back inside. Bill, bill, junk, bill. Then I came across an envolope adressed to Faith. There was no return adress on it. I walked into the kitchen. "Anything for me?" Faith asked. "Yeah actually, there's a letter here with your name on it." I said. She smiled. "I hope this is what I think it is." She said as I handed her the letter.