Chapter 9

Tim POV: Once we landed on the base we were immediatly surrounded by security. We were taken to a large tent to meet the commanders of the army base. After getting acquainted with them we were told that the stage and everything was ready to go. Me and the guys got up on stage and started playing. In the middle of our set I pulled up a stool and talke to the crowd. "How yall doing tonight?" I said and they went crazy. "I know yall hear this a lot, but you guys, our troops are what make it possible for us to do what we do. And for that I want to say thanks. The things you do to keep all of us back home safe, it's truly amazing!...If it's alright with you guys, I would like to play a special song for you. Now, I didn't write it, but the lyrics seem to speak exactly what I want to say and how I feel." I said then I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out a picture of me, Faith, and the girls on Christmas last year. "This picture right here, is one of my absolute favorite pictures of all time. It's a picture of me with my beautiful wife, and our three gorgeous girls. My wife has stuck by me through thick and thin. She truly is my best friend. This song we are about to play is one of her favorites so I would like to dedicate this to her. This one's called My Best Friend." I said and then the guys started to play the song. Before I said the first words, I kissed the picture and held it to my heart.