Chapter 43

Faith POV: Maybe I'm just imagining this. I don't want to get my hopes up too soon. I reached down to Tim's wrist and felt around for his pulse. And sure enough, I felt it! With each second that passed it got stronger and stronger. Scott and the paramedics came in. "His heart is beating!" I said. "What? I thought you said he was dead sir?" One of the paramedics said to Scott. "He was...Well, he wasn't breathing and he didn't have a pulse." Scott said. "But he does now! Come feel for yourself." I said. The paramedic came over and felt Tim's pulse. "Please tell me you feel it too, tell me that it isn't just a figment of my imagination!" "I definitely feel it. Johnny, go get the stretcher, we gotta get this man to the hospital to get checked out!" He said to the other paramedic. "He should be fine now right? Once he wakes up I mean." I said. "Well, there's not telling how long his brain was without oxygen. Even if he does become conscious again, there is still a chance that there could be some brain damage." "Brain damage?" I said. "Yes, but like I said, there is no telling if he has any yet, so we have to get him to the hospital and let the doctors examine him." He said. I nodded my head. The other paramedic rolled in the stretche and all three of the guys lifted Tim onto it. He still wasn't awake or alert when they left for the hospital, but he was alive. And right now, that's all I could ask for.