Chapter 47

There was a knock at the door of Tim's room. I started to get up to answer it, but before I could, it opened and in walked Tim's mom Betty. She took one look at Tim and then she ran over and hugged him. "I'm so sorry mama." Tim said as he hugged her back. "It's ok, I'm just glad your alright." She said. My phone started to buzz in my pocket. I picked it up, it was a text from Scott. He and the girls were out in the waiting room. "I think I'll give you guys some time to be alone. The girls are in the waiting room." I said. "They don't know about any of this, do they?" Betty asked. I shook my head. "No, they don't. And I'm not really sure how I'm going to tell them. I said as I started to get up. Tim grabbed my hand and kissed it. "It will be ok, they are smart girls, they will understand." He said. I smiled at him then I left the room. The girls were all sitting down in the waiting room with worried looks on their faces. Maggie noticed me walk in and she stood up. "Mom! Did someone die? What happened? Why are we here?" She said. "No one died. And I'm goin to tell you why we are here, but first we have to go somewhere more private." I said. Scott asked one of the ladies at the front desk if we could use an empty room to talk to the girls. She agreed and lead us back to a room. "Ok girls, I'm really not sure how to put this." I said, then I took a deep breath. "Your dad is alive." They were all shocked. "W-what?" Gracie said. "He i alive. And he is back in one of the rooms right now." "Mom, please tell me you're not lying, because this just doesn't seem possible!" Gracie said as she started to cry. "I'm not lying honey, he is alive." I said as I hugged her. Theb I reached for all of the girls to join in on the hug.