Chapter 4

Tim POV: After Faith and the girls left I went down stairs to my office to check some emails. As soon as I set down at the computer my phone started to ring. "Hello." I said. "Hey Tim." It was my manager Scott. "Hey man, what's up?" I asked. "I just got a call from the people in charge of putting together this big USO concert for the troops overseas. They wanted to know if you would like to headline it." He said. "When is it?" I asked. "Next weekend." He said. "Why so soon? I mean don't they normaly call at least a month ahead of time?" "Well they already had a headliner but they backed out at the last minute." He said. "Do you know why they backed out of it?" I asked. "Well the base they want to do the preformance at is still an active area." He said. "What exactly does that mean?" "The base is a bit of a hotspot for combat. There is still a chance that it could be attacked or something like that. But it is a very very small chance of anything like that happening. And security would be on high alert the whole time you are over there." He said. "I don't know Scott. I don't think I can take that chance. Even if it is only a small chance of something happening." I said. "Just hear me out ok?" He said. "Ok?" I said. "These men and women, most of them have been over there for years. They haven't seen their families in a long time. The USO have been trying for years now to set up a concert for them, but because of all the activity that has happened there in the recent years, it's just been too risky. Things have finally started to calme down, so it is the best time to put on a show there. They deserve to have at least a little time to have some fun and forget about things. And you would put on a great show. Plus just the other week you were telling me how you would like to do a show for the troops over there." He said. I paused for a minute. "You still there Tim?" "Yeah I'm here.....Let me talk it over with Faith first and then I will call you back later on ok?" I said. "Alright man, just think about it and let me know something as soon as you can." He said and then we hung up.