Chapter 11

Faith POV: I was in complete shock. "W-What?" was all I could say before I broke down crying. "How..How do you know for sure?" I said. "I was there at the concert last night ma'am" Danny said. "But your alive!" ""Luckily I was closer to the stage when the explosives went off twords the middle of the crowd. so I was able to dive under the stage. The impact of the shrapnel knoced me unconscious. When I finally came to, all I could see was smoke and bodies laying around everywhere. I saw some Iraqi soldiers grouping together some of the surviving soldiers together and putting then in a truck to take as hostages. So I held my breath and pretended to be dead." He said. "Did you see Tim?" I asked. "No ma'am I...I didn't see him or his body anywhere. But I did find this." He said then he pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to me. "He pulled this out and showed it to us right before he sang a song that he dedicated to you. The bombs went off before he could finish the song." He said. I looked at the piece of paper that was in my hand. It was a picture we had taken as a family last year. I stood up and tried to walk to the phone, but before I could reach it my knees got weak and I dropped to the ground. I started to cry hysterically and shout. Danny and Mr. Wilson came over and helped me up and back to the chair in the living room. "Is there anyone we can call for you Faith?" Wilson said. "Have you told his mom and sisters yet?" I asked. "No. Since you are his spouse, we were required to tell you first. But if you would like, we could tell them for you." He said. I shook my head yes and then I looked back at the picture. Tim had the biggest smile on his face. Then it hit me, I will never get to see that smile ever again. I could feel my heart breaking.