Chapter 35

Faith POV: Seeing Tim break down like this really broke my heart. I put my arms around him and let him lay his head on my shoulder. "If you don't want to talk about it right now, you don't have to." I said. "No, I want you to know what happened. I want you to know the reason why I haven't been home." He said as he lifted his head. "Right before we were taken out of the warehouse I saw one of the men shoot all of the soldiers. All of them." He said. "Oh my God!" Is all I could say. "They put us back on the truck and drove for a few hours. Then they pulled the rope off our hands and put us on the side of the road. We were in the middle of no where. It was just some random road in the middle of a desert. We started walking but it felt like we were getting no where. Finally after about a day and a half we found this small village. Thankfully the people there welcomed us in and gaves us some food and water and let us stay there for about a week. We would have left sooner, but Bob got really sick and we had to wait for him to build up hus strength. The guys and I talked it over, and once Bob was better we realized we would have to get to a town or city or something so we could get in contact with someone about getting us back home. The villagers told us the nearest city was a days walk away. We left out a couple days later and we made it to the city they were talking about. We couldn't find anyone who could help us at first, but then we found the American Embassy. They took us in and we told them what happened. We were detained for questioning until 2 weeks ago when they finally flew is back here." He said. All I could do was stare at him in disbelief.