Chapter 30

Faith POV: "What in the hell were you thinking?" I asked Gracie. "Calm down mom! All I did was have a couple of beers at a party. It's really no big deal. I'm not even drunk!" She said. "Calm down? You want me to calm down?" "Yeah, that'd be nice." She said sarcasticly. "Listen here young lady, I am your mother and you will not talk to me like that." I said. She rolled her eyes again. "Mom, I'm not a little kid anymore! When are you going to stop treating me like a 5 year old?" "I'll start treating you like an adult when you start acting like one." I said. She mumbled something under her breath. "What did you say? Speak up, I wanna hear this!" I said. "I said I wish dad was here! He wouldn't have acted this way!" She yelled. Those words hit me hard. "Gracie, I wish your dad was here too. But even if he was here, he wouldn't have approved of you drinking at some party." I said. She started to cry. "I miss him mom. I just wanted to do something to try and make my mind forget about the fact that he isn't here anymore." "I know you miss him sweetie, I miss him too." "No you don't!" She said. "Yes I do Gracie!" I said. "If you really missed him then you wouldn't be going out with Scott!" She said. I tried to search my brain for the words to say next, but they wouldn't come to me. So I just stared at the steering wheel. "Just because I'm seeing Scott, doesn't mean that I don't miss your dad. He was the love of my life Gracie, of course I miss him! But I can't sit around wating for him to come home because he isn't coming home. He is gone now, and I would do anything to bring him back, but I can't." I said. She pulled her knees up to her chest. "I just want my daddy back." She said. I put my arm around her and pulled her close. "I know honey...I want him back too." I said.