Chapter 5

Faith POV: When I got home from dropping the girls off at school I went to the bedroom. Tim was sitting on the bed watching TV. "Hey babe, come here I gotta talk to you about something." He said patting the spot next to him on the bed. I went over and sat down. "Scott called me today." He said. "What dod he say?" I said. "I've been asked to headline a show for the USO over in Iraq." He said. "That's great! You've always wanted to do one of those USO tours." "Yeah I know, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it this time." He said. I looked at him confused. "Why?" I asked. "The concert is on an army base that has been pretty active over the last few years." "So are you saying that it could be attacked while you are there?" I asked. "I mean, I guess any base or camp over there has a chance of being attacked, but with this one the stakes are a little higher." He said. I wasn't sure what to say after he said that. "Faith, if you don't want me to do it then I won't." He said. "Do you want to do it?" I asked. He thought for a second. "I think it is a really great opportunity. These people have hardly any contact with the outside world other than a few phone calls to their families every so often. I just think it would be cool to go over there and give them something to do other than sit around and wait for the next order. But like I said, if you don't want me to go, then I won't." He said. "I mean, I want you to do it. And God knows the people fighting over there deserve a break from everything. I'm just kinda scared. I don't want you to get hurt." I said. "I should be fine. They are going all out with the security and everything." He said. I still felt un-easy about all of this, but I could tell by the look on his face that he really wanted to do this. So how could I say no? "I guess it should be ok." I said and he smiled. "Good! Well I'm gonna go call Scott and tell him that it's a go. And then how about we go see that movie we were talking about earlier?" He said. "Ok baby." I said.