Chapter 24

Scott POV: Our lips met briefly before Faith pulled away. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Faith I...I didn't mean for that to happen. I'm so so sorry." I said. She turned her head and I noticed a tear roll down her cheek. I put my hand on her back to try and comfort her. "Please forgive me for that. It just happened." I said. It really did just happen. I had no intentions of kissing her. She just lost her husband! How could I have done this? "It's not your fault. It's just..." She paused. "Just what?" I asked her. She stared down at the table. Faith POV: I can't believe that just happened. The fact that Scott and I kissed was bad enough, but I think I actually liked kissing him. It felt normal, like it was suppose to happen. But at the same time, as wierd as it sounds, I feel like I am betraying Tim. "What were you going to say Faith?" Scott asked. "I...I kind of liked kissing you." I said. He looked at me confused. "You..you did?" "Yeah. But at the same time I feel like I'm cheating on Tim. I know he's gone now, but I haven't kissed another man ever since Tim and I started dating." Things got kind of awkward then, but then the tension started to go away. "Can I be honest with you?" Scott asked. "Yes." "I didn't mean to kiss you just now, but I did enjoy it." He said. This made me smile a little. I looked over at the clock hanging on the wall. "Oh man, it's almost time for me to get the girls." I said jumping up. "Hey um...do you maybe wanna go do something tomorrow? Just me and you?." Scott asked. "Like what?" I said. "I don't know, maybe go see a movie or something?" "Sure, that sounds nice." I said with a smile. Then I grabbed my keys and left to go get the girls.