Chapter 31

(The next morning) Scott POV: Faith told me everything that happened last night, and I couldn't help but feel bad. I'm pretty sure that right now Gracie hates me. And I can't say I really blame her for that. I walked into the kitchen where Faith was making some breakfast. I came up behind her and kissed her on the cheek. "You ok? I know last night was hard for you." I said. "Yeah, I'm fine now. I'm just worried about Gracie." "If you want, maybe I could try talking to her." I said. "You would do that?" She said. "Sure, in fact I will do that right now." "Thanks." She said and then she kissed me. "Don't thank me yet, I don't even know if she will talk to me." I said. I walked upstairs and knocked on Gracie's door. "What?" She said. "Hey Gracie, can I come in?" I said. She opened the door. "What do you want Scott?" She said. "I just want to talk to you." I said. "Well I don't want to talk to you." She said as she started to close the door. I put my hand on the door before it could close. "Please just hear me out, that's all I ask." She opened the door the rest of the way and I went in and sat down on one of the chairs in her room. We had a long talk about everything and after we were finished talking she gave me a hug. "If mom is going to date someone else, then at least I'm glad it's you." She said. "Thanks Gracie. You don't know how much it means for me to hear you say that." I said.